July 2013 Moms
Options

False or real labor?

For the past 10 minutes all of a sudden my lower back hurts so bad and im having what i thought was braxton hicks but now it really is strting to hurt and now tmi im getting the urge to go poop.. I drank water and was sitting when it started so i moved to my yoga ball to see if it would ease it and it hasnt done much. Any advise?! Thank you

Re: False or real labor?

• Options
    kalemikalemi member
    I was having a lot of cramping for several hours the other day. It was accompanied by a constant dull back pain, side cramps, and nausea. It scared me at first but it wasn't unbearable so I went home, laid down and after about 4 hours it went away and I haven't had it since.

That being said, if you feel like you need to call your ob, then go for it. If you think something may be wrong then go with your instinct.
  • Options
    Could be that you do just need to have a good poop, but definitely call your doctor if you're at all concerned.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's been 10 minutes. Usually when I have cramping and feel like I have to poop, it's because I have to poop.
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How many weeks are you?

In my experience you know when you are in labor. If you have to ask then its not the real deal. Then again, I know that everyone's experience is different, but for me there was absolutely no question. 

If you have questions then call your doctor and they will have you come in to get monitored to see if its the real deal.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageGuillerma:
    It's been 10 minutes. Usually when I have cramping and feel like I have to poop, it's because I have to poop.

Yes, seriously, by all means get yourself to the bathroom and see if you really need to evacuate your bowels.  Afterwards lay down or change positions into something more comfortable and see if the "contractions" are timeable and or regular.  If it's still an issue, call the after hours line at your OB's practice or the L&D nurses at your hospital for advice. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"