Trying to Get Pregnant

WWYD - Multiple Follies?

So I just went to my RE for my baseline u/s for this cycle and to get my clomid prescription for the month. Well, we got some other news instead. At CD3 I already have 6 mature follies ranging from 20mm-50mm. That makes this cycle an automatic rest (no meds.) for the RE because we don't want to enlarge these follies or create any more. 

However, the doctor did say we could go ahead and BD if we wanted to risk it. I know that just cause the follies are there that doesn't mean they will release, fertilize or implant, but the possibility of high order multiples really scares me. But I also don't want to sit this cycle out if we have an otherwise good chance. KWIM? 

Anyone have a similar situation? What would you do? 

imageimage
BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!

Re: WWYD - Multiple Follies?

• imageGhostMonkey:
    imageHenHen25:

So I just went to my RE for my baseline u/s for this cycle and to get my clomid prescription for the month. Well, we got some other news instead. At CD3 I already have 6 mature follies ranging from 20mm-50mm. That makes this cycle an automatic rest (no meds.) for the RE because we don't want to enlarge these follies or create any more. 

However, the doctor did say we could go ahead and BD if we wanted to risk it. I know that just cause the follies are there that doesn't mean they will release, fertilize or implant, but the possibility of high order multiples really scares me. But I also don't want to sit this cycle out if we have an otherwise good chance. KWIM? 

FUVCKING RUN AWAY NOW.

Those are not mature follicles. They are cysts.

Like run away, my doctor is a flucking assshat? 

imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • JoJo42JoJo42 member
    Those do sound like cysts to me.  They are humongous for cd3!!!  Also, if they were in fact follies, then from what I've read the risks of HOM is much increased for 6+ follies over 12mm, and most REs won't allow more than 3-4 in a young patient who otherwise has no trouble conceiving.  You would risk way more than twins, so I would pass.
    TTC#1 since 3/11                    TTC#2 since 4/13
    Dx PCOS, Anovulatory 4/11     4/13-7/13 - Clomid 50mg
    8/11- 9/11- Clomid 100mg         BFP! 8/13
    It's a Girl! 06/17/12                   Due Date- 05/02/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGhostMonkey:

The fact that your doctor is suggesting those are mature follicles and pregnancy could result is scary.

You aren't risking anything because those aren't freaking eggs.

Is this like a dangerous situation? Ugh, I hate feeling this in the dark. I have another appointment for a saline infused sonogram on Tuesday so I will see the doctor again this cycle. But, this is not making me feel confident.   

imageimage
  • scorchscorch member

If they are indeed cysts, then doing the BD  wont make a difference.  If they are follies, I absolutly would not risk it because anything more than one baby is far from ideal.  I don't trust people who say they wouldn't " mind twins". Twins are not something you " mind".  I've already had a set of twins and we are thinking about doing another round of infertility treatment for #4 but I really can not be sure that I won't get another set,so that's on hold for the near future.  

Dont do it. 

• imagecalindi:
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imageHenHen25:

FUVCKING RUN AWAY NOW.

Really?  How do you know that? 

Its cd3. Even with ramped up hormones a follicle does not grow to that size by this point. Let alone 6 of them. And a 50mm follicle is well beyond "mature".
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • imagecalindi:
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imageHenHen25:

FUVCKING RUN AWAY NOW.

Really?  How do you know that? 

My gut reaction was "those sound awfully huge for CD3. I wonder if they're cysts." Just from a quick browse on Dr. Google "On CD 3 your follicles really have not started to develop yet and are expected to be immature. So you would expect many immature follicles to be around 10 mm more or less." Seems logical to think those cannot possibly be follies.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • I just called the office, but of course they closed at 3 on Fridays. I'll call on Monday and ask about the cysts. I dont know if I feel better or worse about the fact that they could be cysts, but if thats what they are I'm goign to be flucking pissed off that no one even brought that up. Seriously, WTF am I paying for if they can't even keep me informed. 

I thought that they were really huge to myself, since my follies last month were 22mm at CD10 and they were super excited about that. But seriously, I hate this lost in the dark feeling -- I just really wanted this to be a "normal" cycle. Nothing seems to be going right.

As far as multiples goes, obviously DH and I have some thinking to do. We are prepared for twins, and knew that we were taking that risk starting clomid at all. Ugh, I so just want to give up.  

imageimage
  • I have nothing to add except that I'm sorry that you are going through this. It must be incredibly frustrating.

BFP #1 7.16.13 | EDD 3.27.14  | MC 7.29.13
    BFP #2 8.28.13 | EDD 5.5.14 | Simon Francis, Due Date Baby!

• imageHenHen25:

I just called the office, but of course they closed at 3 on Fridays. I'll call on Monday and ask about the cysts. I dont know if I feel better or worse about the fact that they could be cysts, but if thats what they are I'm goign to be flucking pissed off that no one even brought that up. Seriously, WTF am I paying for if they can't even keep me informed. 

I thought that they were really huge to myself, since my follies last month were 22mm at CD10 and they were super excited about that. But seriously, I hate this lost in the dark feeling -- I just really wanted this to be a "normal" cycle. Nothing seems to be going right.

As far as multiples goes, obviously DH and I have some thinking to do. We are prepared for twins, and knew that we were taking that risk starting clomid at all. Ugh, I so just want to give up.  

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. I read your post in Waiting to O yesterday, adding this to the mix sucks. Hugs!

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • I'm sorry, but I have to agree with GM. That's why they do CD3 ultrasounds, to check for cysts. No way are follies that big on CD3.
    If you did have 6 mature follies, I don't think I'd risk HOM's. My comfort level ends at 4.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• imageHenHen25:
    I just called the office, but of course they closed at 3 on Fridays. I'll call on Monday and ask about the cysts. I dont know if I feel better or worse about the fact that they could be cysts, but if thats what they are I'm goign to be flucking pissed off that no one even brought that up. Seriously, WTF am I paying for if they can't even keep me informed.I thought that they were really huge to myself, since my follies last month were 22mm at CD10 and they were super excited about that. But seriously, I hate this lost in the dark feeling I just really wanted this to be a "normal" cycle. Nothing seems to be going right. As far as multiples goes, obviously DH and I have some thinking to do. We are prepared for twins, and knew that we were taking that risk starting clomid at all. Ugh, I so just want to give up.

I'm so sorry HenHen. I hope you get some answers! Hang in there!
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• imageCLECyclist:
    imageHenHen25:

they could be cysts

Sorry, but 50mm on CD3? They ARE cysts.

Obviously, I have a lot to talk to my doctor about. But what does a cyst mean for the future of my treatment?
    imageimage
  • imageHenHen25:
    imageCLECyclist:
    imageHenHen25:

they could be cysts

Obviously, I have a lot to talk to my doctor about. But what does a cyst mean for the future of my treatment?

For this cycle or forever?

For now, they might bench you if they're cysts and I think maybe give you BCP? Forever, probably nothing unless they don't go away.  

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• imagepantherRN:
    imageHenHen25:
    imageCLECyclist:
    imageHenHen25:

they could be cysts

For now, they might bench you if they're cysts and I think maybe give you BCP? Forever, probably nothing unless they don't go away. &nbsp;

Like put me on BCP until they go away?
    imageimage
  • imageGhostMonkey:
    imageHenHen25:
    imagepantherRN:
    imageHenHen25:
    imageCLECyclist:
    imageHenHen25:

they could be cysts

For now, they might bench you if they're cysts and I think maybe give you BCP? Forever, probably nothing unless they don't go away.  

Like put me on BCP until they go away?

For that many at that size, that is the standard protocol until they at least get down to a reasonable range. Mine was like 16-18 and I could have had BCPs if I wanted them, but I elected to let them do their thing.

What were they at your baseline for your last cycle? Because 22mm at CD10 on just Clomid is pretty good size. Not crazy, but still good size.

I honestly don't remember. I think they just said "X number of small of the right, X small on the left"

I do randomly ovulate early sometimes but that's usually CD7-8, which is what I thought was happening. Now, I'm just pissed and convinced you guys are right.  

imageimage
  • imageCLECyclist:
    imageHenHen25:

they could be cysts

Holy snikees! Like GM and other PP said, run away now.

Good god that scares me that your doc is that stupid.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• imageGhostMonkey:

Since you have a history of O'ing that early, then NBD.

But yeah. WTF. I get not making a huge deal because it's not like they have ruptured or they need to rush to aspirate then, but fuvck. Call them what they are.

See- this is what happens when people want sugar coating Stick out tongue

Exactly. I expect to be given accurate information. The visit did cost $400 so I expect to flucking be told what is going on. 

imageimage
  • Henhen I'm so sorry that you are having such a rough time.  I agree with everyone about the cysts.  You have every right to be mad at your doctor!  I hope that it gets straightened out on Monday. 
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• Oh my gosh! So sorry you're going g through this right now. I agree with everyone that your dr is clearly not very bright! Drives me nuts when you have to pay all that money and you don't even get correct information! Hoping this all clears up soon!

GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry you're going through this, Hen. Hopefully you can get things straightened out on Monday with the doctor's office.
  • imagebeckynsean11:
    imageHenHen25:

I just called the office, but of course they closed at 3 on Fridays. I'll call on Monday and ask about the cysts. I dont know if I feel better or worse about the fact that they could be cysts, but if thats what they are I'm goign to be flucking pissed off that no one even brought that up. Seriously, WTF am I paying for if they can't even keep me informed. 

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. I read your post in Waiting to O yesterday, adding this to the mix sucks. Hugs!

Oh man me too. I'm so sorry that your doctor is not being straight with you. Raise hell Monday morning! 

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Aww, Henhen. I'm sorry you're going through this. I can't imagine how frustrated you are! I hope you get a good explanation from your doctor on Monday and that your next ultrasound gives you good news!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"