Infertility

Conceptions Colorado and IVF Timing

Hi Ladies!  I'm mostly a lurker on these boards, but I have posted in the past on the 3T board.  My history is in my siggy and I hope you don't mind me popping in to ask a couple questions about IVF.  Our RE has recommended that we move on to IVF as soon as we are ready.

First, do any of you have experience with Conceptions in Colorado?  We are lucky to live only 15 minutes away from them and I would love to exchange some messages with anyone who has experience with their clinic.

Second, we are waiting to start IVF until Jan/Feb 2014 because we will be switching to an insurance plan that covers some (but not all) of IVF.  However, we have a little money left in our health spending account this year that we could use toward the initial IVF consult as well as some of the testing that will need to be re-done (HSG, SA, etc.).  Do any of you have a recommendation on when we should start meeting with our IVF clinic if we want to be ready to go by Jan/Feb timeframe?

Thanks for your help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Conceptions Colorado and IVF Timing

• I wish we had consulted earlier than we did. We started our consult in December 2012 and did our first IVF in March 2013. The wait wasn't bad, but do you have any idea if PGD or PGS are in your IVF plan? If so, the sooner you get started the better.
    | Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
    PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"