September 2012 Moms

east coast ladies come in

For Father's Day I want to surprise DH with a trip to the beach because he loves the beach and he is super disappointed our trip to the Outer Banks got canceled (for a variety of reasons).....we wouldn't actually go until mid/late September when it would (hopefully) be a little cheaper and we'd most likely go mid-week for 2 nights.  I'm thinking NJ/DE/MD, but I'm open to other suggestions.  Anyone have a good beach recommendation?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: east coast ladies come in

• September is a great time to go to the beach! Cape May, NJ is beautiful. If you want to go a little further, Ocean City MD is a lot of fun, and you can go to Assateague Island to see the wild horses and have a picnic. You're also within driving distance to the outlets in DE if you stay in that area.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have not been but I have head that Ocean City, MD is great and the prices should be better later in September.
  • Loading the player...
  • KTC926KTC926 member

It all depends on what kind of vacation you were looking for? Partying town or Family?

OCNJ is nice, calm and family friendly

I agree with LLHR Rehoboth is really nice.

OCMD is party town I like it but I won't go there if I'm looking to relax for the weekend

• imageKTC926:
    It all depends on what kind of vacation you were looking for? Partying town or Family?OCNJ is nice, calm and family friendlynbsp;I agree with LLHR Rehoboth is really nice.nbsp;OCMD is party town I like it but I won't go there if I'm looking to relax for the weekendnbsp;

We'd be looking more for relaxing/family time as DS will be with us
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was going to suggest Cape May as well!  It's GORGEOUS and would be lovely in September!  It's an amazing town because the majority of the houses/buildings are old Victorian but it's still right on the beach.  LOVE it there!

ETA: Love OCNJ too!  We're going in August! 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• imageTheAnne:
    We love Rehoboth.

This
  • imagethechimichanga:

September is the best time of year for the beach in NJ, IMO.

As much as it kills me to say this, I wouldn't go to Ocean County beaches this year (Seaside Heights/Park/Lavallette/Ortley/Brick/Mantoloking/BayHead)..the beaches are ready, but I wouldn't go in the water, honestly...and the towns themselves are depressing even though the businesses are all open for the most part.

Pt. Pleasant has a cute little board walk for littles and some good restaurants, at that time of year the prices will start to come down...from what I've seen its in pretty good shape now, so by Septemeber it will be like nothing happened I'm sure.

LBI is in pretty decent shape too....I don't know enough about the southern beaches in the state, Avalon and Ocean City are supposedly very nice, but have never been.

I got married in Avalon, had my reception in Stone Harbor and my mom lived in Cape May (now CM Court House) a few years ago.Avalon and SH are super nice, but there is not a ton to do there. Same with Cape May. You can do lots of walking, relaxing, and eating, but there is not a ton in the form of entertainment.

OCNJ is my favorite beach tbh, It has a boardwalk to play on, the beaches are pretty relaxing and if you want to get away from any crowds, you can just go to a beach farther down away from the boardwalk. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • A little biased here, but I recommend Rehoboth, DE. My parents and inlaws both have places down there so we spend a lot of our summer in that area.  Plus- outlet shopping!   I grew up on that beach- my grandparents lived down there for years before my parents got a place.

Cape May is great for bed and breakfasts though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"