December 2013 Moms

Uterus positioning

I will be 12 weeks tomorrow, when does the uterus move out of the pelvic region? I have been having some serious round ligament pain this evening more then the past week combined. Is there a way to tell if it has moved yet?
Pregnancy Ticker image image

Re: Uterus positioning

• My doctor said at 12 weeks :]
    photo d23effce-d468-477e-941f-2e772f3afddb_zpsd1cd4bbb.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They usually feel your stomachs to see if it has moved
    photo d23effce-d468-477e-941f-2e772f3afddb_zpsd1cd4bbb.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hail123Hail123 member
    At this point, I believe that the uterus is just starting to peak over the top of the pelvis, but not by much. I'm also 12 weeks, and the top of my uterus is about 1 finger width above my pelvis (according to my midwife). As it's been explained to me, the pains you're feeling are because everything else is beginning to stretch and get out of the way. Feels pretty weird! 
  • I'm 10 weeks on Sunday, my OB did a pelvic exam on Tuesday and I also had an ultrasound. She said my uterus has already moved slightly out of the pelvic region, which I thought wouldn't have happened until AT LEAST 12 weeks. I guess that would explain the extreme RLP I've been having the past two days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"