November 2013 Moms
Options

Height and bump?

I'm so jealous of women who have a real bump. I just look bloated. I'm 16 w 3 days. I am wondering if it is because I am 6 ft tall. Does height affect how you show? I know this might sound stupid but this is my first and I'm tired of people thinking I'm joking when I say I'm having a baby in Nov. Any other giants out there feeling my pain?

Re: Height and bump?

• Options

Well, I'm definitely not a giant... I'm ALMOST 5'2" and I do not have a bump yet (FTM).  I also haven't gained any weight as of this point... I had lost about 7 lbs with morning sickness and even that hasn't come back.  The no bump thing has been ok for me so far because only immediate family know that I'm pregnant.  I'm high risk and haven't wanted to share the news with anyone else at this point just in case.

I think everyone is different for when they start to show... body shape could have something to do with it, muscle tone probably factors in as well as where the baby is located.  In time though we will all have bumps... I figure I should enjoy wearing my regular clothes while I still can and also don't yet need to fear the random belly gropers out there!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PP. I'm a FTM and I stand at 5'2". I'm around 20 pounds overweight and have a little extra cushion around my midsection. I was prepared not to see a bump until later on but it's front and center at 14 weeks 6 days. Every body and every pregnancy is different. I'm sure before you know it your bump will pop out! smiles
    Anniversary *TTC since 09/11 *Me-29 (low AMH) *DH-35 (moderately low sperm count) *First RE appointment 09/12 *IUI #1 with injectables 12/12 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are taller and:or have a longer torso, it might take longer for your bump to show. Some women don't show till 20 weeks...don't worry :smile:
  • Options
    I've been thinking the same thing. I'm almost 5'10 and I have no bump yet but a co-worker with the same due date has a huge bump.

BFP 9/4/12 EDD 5/9/13 missed m/c 10/10/12

BFP 2/26/13 EDD 11/1/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 5'4" and already have a pretty sizeable bump at 13 weeks... I'm wondering at this rate how huge I'm going to get :(
  • Options
    jagrantjagrant member
    I'm 5'9" with a short torso, and was an average weight for my height prepreg. I am a FTM, still about 6 lbs under prepreg weight due to MS, 16 weeks today and still no bump, just a bloated look...and that just started in the last week! I would love to have a bump already but I know everyone's different. No worries :smile::
  • Options
    I'm 5 foot 8 and 18 weeks and have a good sized bump. I have really long legs and a shorter torso that might play into it. Your bump will come soon!!
  • Options
    dnt27dnt27 member
    I'm about 5'7" and pre pregnancy I was about 140 pounds and I have a little bump at 14 weeks, everyone is different.
    Teagan Grace born 12.07.13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

January siggy challenge
  • Options
    This may be one of the few times that I genuinely wish I was taller. I'm 5 foot 3 inches and pregnant with twins. I also have a short torso. I popped out at 12 weeks and I look really pregnant at 16 weeks. My stomach is so tight and my babies are measuring ahead too. I worry about what I will look like by 38 weeks but my goal is to keep them baking until then so I guess I will just be a belly with legs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was the same way with my first and I'm also 6ft tall, I think it's just because the baby's have more room lol. This is my third and I have a definite bump at 15wk so I guess showing quicker after your first still rings true for us tall girls, hang in there I think with my first I started showing around 20wks or so, trust me towards the end you'll be glad you have more room for baby, I wasn't miserable until month 8 lol
  • Options
    aa1293aa1293 member

I'm 5'10" and have just recently started to show slightly. Only when I wear more form fitting clothes though. 

I have my ultrasound pic on my desk at work and someone that I just met came by and saw the picture and thought I had already had the baby because I am not really showing yet.

The way I see it is we will be showing before long and then we will be complaining because we feel HUGE!  LOL! 

• Options
    I'm 5 11 and my bump is finally here! Ill be 17 weeks on Sunday.
  • Options
    I'm 4 ft 11in and overweight. Some days I have a baby bump some days I don't. It is so weird. I am 17 weeks today.
  • Options
    I'm 4 ft 11in and overweight. Some days I have a baby bump some days I don't. It is so weird. I am 17 weeks today.
  • Options

I am 5'5" on a tall day.  With DD I started to look bumpish at 19w, definitely by 22w.  Now with DS at 14w I look a little bloated like I did with DD at this time.  I hear the bump is sooner with the 2nd, so time will tell within the next month or so for me...

Just today I showed off my relatively trim figure to a friend - yea, 4 months preggo, looking good! ;)  However, I have firmly in my mind a picture I took a couple days before I gave birth to DD in which - well - I know what's coming... LOL.  The bump will come and it will stay and grow for a while.  :)

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm 5'9 and having my fourth. With my first I didn't truly show until 20 Wks. With each pregnancy I've shown sooner. With this one I look about 6 months prego...but I'm only 16 Wks along.: I worry how big I'll look at 38 Wks.:/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"