Preemies
Options

Bottles

When did your LO start to hold their own bottle and feed themselves? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bottles

• Options
    KatFCoKatFCo member

It's really common for even FT babies to not hold their own bottles until around 10 months, so adjusting for prematurity, it can be a year or so. I can't remember how old DD was, but it took quite a while.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Missa_gMissa_g member
    Mine still don't, but it's not a skill we've pushed. We enjoy the snuggles while feeding.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD is 5 months, and she doesn't...but DH just hands it to her...and so then she's holding it.  I'm like, um, she's not really doing it, as it slides to the side, but he just can't wait for her, I guess.  We usually just give her 1 ounce so she can take her meds and I usually put it in one of those little pumping tubes that come with the Medela and so it weighs almost nothing, and she can kind of hold this.
  • Options
    My DS didn't start really holding it on his own until 11 months actual. I also didn't push him with it. I figure he's going to be independent soon enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"