August 2012 Moms

My FFFC

I am literally the worlds worst parent. I never have energy to play with A anymore. I can play for about an hour between each nap for him. after that I really dont' have the energy anymore, so he self plays with his toys.

Sometimes I think about how much better off he would be in day care with me being pregnant and unable to get myself doing things.

I hate this about myself. I try to do better every day. Most days we go somewhere in the car because I don't know what else to do with him.

I always wanted to be a mom, but I suck at entertaining and stimulating my child. I honestly deep down think that maybe the reason he doesn't babble and baby talk is because I didn't do enough to be stimulating at all hours of his awake time.

In the end: I am pretty sure I am somehow detrimentally screwing up my child by being around, and being pregnant again I am worried I might do the same with this one.

imageimage

Re: My FFFC

• DS will be 10 months on Wednesday and just started crawling this past Wednesday.  I blame myself for him taking so long.  I work all day so I should enjoy the 1-1.5 hours I get to spend with him before dinner and then the bedtime routine, but I'm so tired after work that it's hard for me to have the energy.   In reality, I think every baby does things at their own pace.  I have "mommy guilty" all the time which is why I'm here to get support. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• What Scout said.  Seriously, 3rd trimester with DD I literally lay on the floor on my side (the only comfortable position) and begged and prayed that DS would just play around me.  Every day.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't imagine doing what you're doing. The fact that you get up at all is just incredible to me. I'm sure A is fine. Honestly it's great that he can play by himself too! That will definitely come in handy when the new LO arrives. Don't be so hard on yourself!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks ladies.

I genuinely appreciate the support of this board. Especially since these are feelings I have been struggling with for a little while now (basically since I finally mentioned his issues with the babbling) I just wish pregnancy wasn't so draining and I could be the mom I always envisioned myself being instead of praying that he can be chill with his toys while I sit and talk to him. 

imageimage
  • imagePaisleyRuth:
    What Scout said. nbsp;Seriously, 3rd trimester with DD I literally lay on the floor on my side the only comfortable position and begged and prayed that DS would just play around me. nbsp;Every day.

I used to do this. And to make you feel better I let Dax and Adeline entertain eachother now. I snot and play with them about three times a day. I feel horrible like I should be more involved but....eh. things need to be done around the house. When I'm lazy I try to remind myself to play instead of sit there. As long as I'm on the floor the kids love it I dont even have to do anything.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagejessalynn521:
    Thanks ladies.I genuinely appreciate the support of this board. Especially since these are feelings I have been struggling with for a little while now basically since I finally mentioned his issues with the babbling I just wish pregnancy wasn't so draining and I could be the mom I always envisioned myself being instead of praying that he can be chill with his toys while I sit and talk to him.nbsp;

YOU are way too hard on yourself, sister. You are doing a great job growing a perfectly healthy micro human and caring for another perfectly healthy mini human.

I could not imagine being pregnant while taking care of such a little one and the house.

Babbling is just now happening for both of my LOs so, I would not worry. Like, at all.

You're awesome, Jessa!

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"