February 2013 Moms
Options

family knows best?

when it comes to infants why do family members think they know it all!?! Hello I'm the mother!! she came out of my body I clearly know what she needs/wants!

Re: family knows best?

• Options

Totally understand lol My MIL means well but sometimes I would like to say "you had your chance to raise YOUR children, now it is mine." 

I mean if I want an opinion I will ASK LOL

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options

When I said I was skipping rice/oatmeal cereal and going right to veggies and fruits you would have though my mother and MIL thought I was going to deprive him of food for the rest of his life. It's a different generation of parenting. I'm sure by the time DS has his own, there will be a whole new set of ideas that will sound silly to me. But I'd like to think I will have the good sense to stay out of it, knowing how frustrating it is to hear it all now. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    nlp1990nlp1990 member
    imageMonicaMerkel:
    Totally understand lol My MIL means well but sometimes I would like to say "you had your chance to raise YOUR children, now it is mine."nbsp; I mean if I want an opinion I will ASK LOL

I told my MIL this a couple of weeks ago!!
  • Options
    I can totally relate.  My mother (and to a lesser extent my MIL) had a heart attack when I said I wouldn't give LO as much water as she has milk.  Even now, she brings it up in almost every conversation.  If I mention I'm giving LO a couple of sips of water b/c it's especially hot, she breathes a huge sigh of relief, and is like, "Oh, thank goodness!  I'm just glad she is getting some water!!"  LOL
  • Options
    ohlordyohlordy member

Last time I spoke it my mother (mid-April), she was criticizing me for pursuing breast feeding with DD. she had weight gain issues and my mother felt that I wasn't doing everything in my power to make sure DD was fed (read: why wasn't I going to formula exclusively). 

Apparently I'm a terrible mom because going to LC appointments, pumping nonstop, using an SNS tube, adding in formula ... It wasn't enough. She was questioning why I was so hellbent on this breast feeding thing to work, when obviously it wasn't working. 

Blah! Don't tell me how to feed my kid! If I want to pump, STFU and leave me be!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"