1st Trimester

Sucking blood!!!

Yep, so before anyone decides to have a stick up their butt and tell  me to "LOOK IT UP", I already have! I just like getting PERSONAL stories/comments on here.

Yesterday, my gums had some blood when I sucked on them. I hear this happens in pregnancy, has this happened to YOU?

Re: Sucking blood!!!

• moon427moon427 member
    No
    TTC #1 Jan 2012
    BFP #1: 8/4/12 BFP#2: 8/5/12
    M/C: 8/7/12
    BFP#3: 02/21/2013 EDD: 10/30/2013 DD Born: 11/1/2013 <br>
    TTC #2 May 2018

• Not randomly, but it happens after I brush my teeth.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Loading the player...
  • imageMommyKristin88:
    Not randomly, but it happens after I brush my teeth.

Yeah I noticed that too

• KFiori1KFiori1 member
    With DS1 my gums would bleed while brushing my teeth.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, when I brush. I'm not sure why you are sucking on your gums throughout the day? 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagePrimRoseMama:
    Yes, when I brush. I'm not sure why you are sucking on your gums throughout the day? 

A habit I picked up from having dry diabetic mouth

• imageShopaholic30:

imagePrimRoseMama:
    Yes, when I brush. I'm not sure why you are sucking on your gums throughout the day? 

Ah, that is bizarre to me, but maybe try some gum or hard candies to keep your mouth lubricated? I can't imagine that it is good for your teeth/gums etc. to be sucking on them throughout the day.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• ive dealt with this for almost 10 yrs. ive tried everything and do everything.

mine is severe and just something ill have to live with. oh well, I have a healthy child and a baby on the way, cant complain!

• yes I have and they have discovered its from my diabetes. my dry mouth is more severe than average even tho my diabetes in under control. My diabetic grandfather (before he passed away) had the same problem. As long as I have a bottle of water with me at all times, ill survive!
  • imageAFwifelife:

imageShopaholic30:
    yes I have and they have discovered its from my diabetes. my dry mouth is more severe than average even tho my diabetes in under control. My diabetic grandfather (before he passed away) had the same problem. As long as I have a bottle of water with me at all times, ill survive!

Yes

I would suggest looking into Biotene if you haven't already.  It is expensive but really helps with dry mouth and they have a toothpaste and mouthwash.

I currently use the mouthwash, I should combo it with the toothpaste

• imageSoozerella:
    imageShopaholic30:

imagePrimRoseMama:

do you do it like people when they suck food out of their teeth? with the noise and everything?

Ummm I don't make a noise when I do it and Im usually at home when I do it. My god its not a constant thing and I don't make any noise. you wouldn't even know im doing it. You shouldn't assume things you don't know what you are talking about.

I swear some people try to turn everything into a negative comment

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagemermomo5:
    I'm a diabetic life long since 6 months old I feel your pain with the dry mouth thing ! Diabetes is a blast I've never had this but have had to have dental work because diabetes did a number on my teeth! Bleeding gums in pregnancy is normal and if you are experiencing bleeding with what your doing I wouldn't be alarmed blood flow is increased! Try drinking a lot of water sorry you have to deal with this I'm sure its not fun!

I drink water all day and suck on candies and use special mouth wash. It really sucks at night waking up 3-5 times a night to drink water and then having to pee ciz of it. I cant grasp whats with some of these judgemental women. Thought HS was over.

Diagnosed at 6 months? Wow! Do you take shots?

• imageCashingn2:
    imageShopaholic30:
    imageSoozerella:
    imageShopaholic30:

imagePrimRoseMama:

do you do it like people when they suck food out of their teeth? with the noise and everything?

Ummm I don't make a noise when I do it and Im usually at home when I do it. My god its not a constant thing and I don't make any noise. you wouldn't even know im doing it. You shouldn't assume things you don't know what you are talking about.

Oh dear, how did she assume something if she asked rather than stated? She wasn't trying to be negative. I'm sure she was wondering how hard you actually suck it before they bleed. I'd like to know simply bc if you're not sucking hard and they bleed, you should def go to a dentist. Sounds like it'd be painful too and can't be good for the health of your teeth. Also, I deal with mild dry mouth and that sucks so I can only imagine how terrible it is for you.

What is your drymouth caused by? What do you do to ease it?

• imageLoolaide:

yeah im going to make an appt

No.

You should probably talk to your dentist. 

• hjweberhjweber member
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Just wanted to say that even is pregnancy it's not okay to have bleeding gums. Pregnancy is a great factor to gengavitis sp. Talk to your dentist.

OP I am not sure if you had the bleeding before but talk to your dentist,

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageGhostMonkey:
    imageShopaholic30:

ive dealt with this for almost 10 yrs. ive tried everything and do everything.

mine is severe and just something ill have to live with. oh well, I have a healthy child and a baby on the way, cant complain!

Poor dental health can cause a whole host of problems, including premature labor and low birth weight. 

It can also lead to cardiovascular disease for you. I realize you have other issues causing it, but you need to stop laughing it off and acting like it's cute to not care. It's a serious issue.

I take very good care of my teeth and mouth. And from what I read, its relatively normal to have a little blood from gums in pregnancy. And I am not laughing about anything. I don't know where you got that I have poor dental health when I am actually on top of those things.

• imageShopaholic30:
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imageShopaholic30:

ive dealt with this for almost 10 yrs. ive tried everything and do everything.

Poor dental health can cause a whole host of problems, including premature labor and low birth weight. 

It can also lead to cardiovascular disease for you. I realize you have other issues causing it, but you need to stop laughing it off and acting like it's cute to not care. It's a serious issue.

I take very good care of my teeth and mouth. And from what I read, its relatively normal to have a little blood from gums in pregnancy. And I am not laughing about anything. I don't know where you got that I have poor dental health when I am actually on top of those things.

are you a type 1 or type 2 diabetic? 

Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• imageMallardDucky:
    Just wanted to say that even is pregnancy it's not okay to have bleeding gums. Pregnancy is a great factor to gengavitis sp. Talk to your dentist. OP I am not sure if you had the bleeding before but talk to your dentist,

Yeah I was going to make an apt anyways just for a check up. I think this thread is getting overboard. I discovered blood twice. A small drop earlier and a tiny tint on my toothbrush. none since then

• I am considered type 2, controlled with diet and pills but when I am pregnant they put me on insulin shots because my blood sugar gets higher easier.
  • imageSoozerella:
    imageShopaholic30:

whoaaa no one was turning anything negative, I was just wondering how hard you were sucking to make your gums bleed.  

I laughed so hard at "I was just wondering how hard you were sucking to make your gums bleed." oh gosh 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dear God..just wanted to know if anyone else experienced a tinge of blood.

Now im being asked how hard I suck my gums and if I make noises.

wow..this thread is done. sheesh

• imageGhostMonkey:
    imageShopaholic30:

dear God..just wanted to know if anyone else experienced a tinge of blood.

Now im being asked how hard I suck my gums and if I make noises.

wow..this thread is done. sheesh

Then you should have said that and come up with a far more appropriate title. 

But that would have made sense! 

Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• imageKimbus22:
    imageShopaholic30:

Yep, so before anyone decides to have a stick up their butt and tell&nbsp; me to "LOOK IT UP",&nbsp;I already have! I just like getting PERSONAL stories/comments on here.

Well bless your heart. I HOPE you found your ANSWERS here without getting beat over the head by a BUTT STICK.

Lol!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"