Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Engorged

My baby didn't want to latch so I started her on formula, but now my milk suppy has finally started to come in and now I'm so engorged! The pump that I bought isn't working and she still won't latch. What should I do my boobs hurt so bad!!!

Re: Engorged

• ajdietzajdietz member

You can try self hand pump into a bottle. But you should decide do you want to cont pumping and give bottled bm or just keep with formula. If you don't want to bf at all just express a little milk by mmassaging your breast in circles, and you can take Advil for pain and an allergy pill to dry up your milk. If you want to ep then I wold try to express a much milk out of both breasts so your body will cont to make more milk until you can get a better working pump. Hope that helps.

• Helps very much so, Ty!
  • Loading the player...
  • dkny155dkny155 member
    If you want to bf get a good medela pump. I had my LO on April 6 th and I was so engorged for a few days after. I would take a hot shower and massage my breasts while in the shower then pump and take some Advil. It will get better i promise :)
  • dmhrn13dmhrn13 member

imagedkny155:
    If you want to bf get a good medela pump. I had my LO on April 6 th and I was so engorged for a few days after. I would take a hot shower and massage my breasts while in the shower then pump and take some Advil. It will get better i promise :)

All of this.

TTC since 1/2008
    BFP 7/2009 m/c
    BFP 9/2009 m/c
    Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
    IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
    IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
    DD born 10/2012
    FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
    IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
    FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
    B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d