September 2013 Moms
Options

Blacked out

I had a little scare this morning at the grocery store. I was perfectly fine until I got to the check out line and I suddenly felt really hot and light headed to the point I needed to hold on to a display of cereal next to me. Next thing I knew I stepped forward and my vision went black my ears were buzzing and my legs just gave out. Luckily the man behind me saw me before I went down and he grabbed me and helped me to the ground. I came back to my senses but I still could not hear as clearly and just barely heard the people around me telling me to stay still. Someone handed me a water and then a worker had gotten me an ice compress and chair since my skin was all clammy, red and warm to the touch. I felt better after about ten minutes of drinking water and catching my breath so I was finally able to leave without the store employees being too concerned. I immediatly called my dr who of course was out of the office today but his assistants were able to reach him and I was told to just stay home, rest, drink 2L's of water and to go to the labor and delivery if I have another episode or start throwing up. Has anyone experienced something similar? I'm 23 weeks and 3 days FTM. I feel fine so far and have continued to feel dd kick every so often in the last few hours...

Re: Blacked out

• Options
    I have those exact same fainting spells about every month. I ended up in the ER and saw a cardiologist who said I have extremely low blood pressure. I was put on meds and feel a little better now.

Had you eaten before you went to the store? That could definitely be what could have caused it. I'd definitely go in to the hospital if it happens again. Best of luck and glad you're ok. Those black outs are scary.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Shanmarie just had this happen to her last week or earlier this week. She would be a good one to talk to. Her post was titled "well that was embarrassing" just look through the post list and maybe sort by last post date to find it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you. Yes I had ate about an hour before I went to the store. I'm just glad things are going smoother now and I'm still feeling her kick. I'll have to ask my dr about low blood pressure next time I go in.
  • Options
    JocelynB0911
    I will definitely look for her post, thank you.
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me at 15 weeks. I had those same symptoms. I got hot, nauseous and my ears started to feel plugged up, then I got tunnel vision, blacked out and fell. I hit my head and ended up with a concussion. It was caused by really low blood pressure while standing, which was made worse from being dehydrated and I hadn't eaten very much. I still get those symptoms while standing for more than a couple minutes at a time, so I have to frequently sit down and relax.

Definitely drink lots of fluids! Especially with the weather getting warmer.
  • Options

imagebrittmata:
    JocelynB0911 I will definitely look for her post, thank you.

Yes that was me who unfortunately passed out at the grocery store and had the ambulance called... not a fun experience. 

What is it about grocery stores and pregnant chicks?! 1st tri I puked in a plastic produce bag because the smells got to me, and now I'm passing out in aisles. I'm a mess! 

Hope you are feeling better OP, take it easy and try to get as much rest as possible.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imagesgautschi:
    Same thing happened to me at 15 weeks. I had those same symptoms. I got hot, nauseous and my ears started to feel plugged up, then I got tunnel vision, blacked out and fell. I hit my head and ended up with a concussion. It was caused by really low blood pressure while standing, which was made worse from being dehydrated and I hadn't eaten very much. I still get those symptoms while standing for more than a couple minutes at a time, so I have to frequently sit down and relax.

Definitely drink lots of fluids! Especially with the weather getting warmer.

Oh wow, a head concussion?! I'm glad it sounds like your doing good now except for feeling the symptoms frequently when standing. I hope I don't get to that point but I will definitely make sure I'm staying extra hydrated.
  • Options
    imageShanmarie1083:

imagebrittmata:
    JocelynB0911
    I will definitely look for her post, thank you.

Yes that was me who unfortunately passed out at the grocery store and had the ambulance called... not a fun experience. 

What is it about grocery stores and pregnant chicks?! 1st tri I puked in a plastic produce bag because the smells got to me, and now I'm passing out in aisles. I'm a mess! 

Hope you are feeling better OP, take it easy and try to get as much rest as possible.  

Thank you, I'm feeling better so far. I'm actually glad though that I wasn't driving and that I was in a public place but it definitely was embarrassing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"