August 2011 Moms
Options

USA shopping questions!

Ladies! I'm moving you and joining you stateside in a few weeks. I have two questions that will probably sound ridiculous to you. One, where is the best place to buy household stuff when we first move in? Shelf liners, broom, stuff like that? Target or Home Depot? And my other question is, is Ann Taylor Loft for awesome young late-twenties to early thirties moms? Or is it for old ladies? I can never tell when I visit and go in? Any other shopping tips? We have lots of the same stores but some things are completely different!!! 
BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: USA shopping questions!

• Options

I'd say Target or Walmart definitely has better prices than Home Depot on those types of household items.  And some things you can find at Dollar Tree for a steal.  

Like Lala said, you have to pick and choose at Ann Taylor Loft.  A lot of pieces there look "old" to me on the hanger, and then cute when I try them on.  And vice versa.  I really only shopped there for work clothes when I had the time to browse and try things on, and when they were having a really great sale.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I pretty much buy everything at Target.

I used to shop at Ann Taylor Loft all of the time when I had an office job. Now, I'm poor and wear yoga pants a ton because of my current job. Most of my clothes come from Target.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Target is generally cheaper than Home Depot, and Walmart is generally cheaper than Target....but I think Walmart's stuff is often cheaper quality and I hate hate hate the Walmart nearest our house.

I used to buy my work clothes from Ann Taylor Loft - one of the few places that made clothes that actually fit me. I still have a few things from there that are just nice, classic pieces that I hope I can fit in again someday. I haven't actually been in a store in a few years, though, since I haven't needed work clothes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for the tips Ladies!!! Now if anyone knows how to pack boxes without a toddler unpacking them as you go, I could also use some help with that, LOL!!
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagehomediva:
    Thanks for the tips Ladies!!! Now if anyone knows how to pack boxes without a toddler unpacking them as you go, I could also use some help with that, LOL!!

That's so hard!!! I have no advice! Just be patient!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Target!

Oh and I vote yes for Loft ... Maybe because I spent $400 there this morning on shorts and shirts, lol. Oh and I'm not old, ha ha. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options

imageRachey1082:
    imagehomediva:
    That's so hard!!! I have no advice! Just be patient!

Nap time.

In the evening after they've gone to bed works well too.

I had the girls pack their toys. They would put everything in one box, then empty it out only to put everything back in a different box... Kept them busy enough. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"