Parenting

DS last day..questions

Do you have to pay for days that the daycare is closed? For example...memorial day.

Also, I have a week vacay that I never took (daycare offers it) I told them I wasn't going to pay for last Friday, DS wasn't there and also Monday.

They said I have to give 2 weeks written notice to use my daycare vacation and I also have to pay for Monday even though it was closed.

I do not have the daycare policy, but when she called and told me I said I wanted to see that in writing.

Maybe I'm just in a bitter mood.... Not sure if this is normal. I mean I'm going to pay them it just seems odd.

“I’d marry again if I found a man who had $15 million and would sign over half of it to me before the marriage and guarantee he’d be dead in a year.” - Bette Davis

Re: DS last day..questions

• We have to pay for stat vacations when they're closed, and don't get any non paying vacation time. But I imagine 2 weeks notice of using it would be fine with me. Depends what the policy says, I guess.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• imageMom2Oli:
    Yes, our costs are weekly, doesn't matter if there's a holiday in there. We also have to notify them a couple weeks in advance for any vacation we want to take.

Same here, and we use an in-home daycare. 

There have been a couple of times where she was sick or had a funeral to attend, and we still paid for the full week.  She told us when we started that she would take a few sick days a year, and we agreed to that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok, thanks.
    “I’d marry again if I found a man who had $15 million and would sign over half of it to me before the marriage and guarantee he’d be dead in a year.” - Bette Davis
  • At our DC, you pay for any holiday in which the center would be closed - they are still paying their staff just as you would be paid at your job.  We also pay for any random days that DS is sick and doesn't go.  If he misses more than 1/2 the week they do deduct something from the weeks tuition I just can't remember how much.

After you've been there for a full year, you are granted a free week to use for vacation.  In order to use it, you have to fill out a form and turn it in in advance.  I found it all to be pretty standard when I was shopping around for a center. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Yes we pay monthly. So whether we are there or not we always pay. No vacations
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We pay for days that they are closed, days that we are on vacation and have to give two weeks notice before leaving.
  • We pay for regular holidays, except for the time b/w Christmas Eve and New Years since they're closed that whole time.

Also pay when he's sick.

This week we had both. He was only there 2.5 days.

I think we get a week's vacation after he's been there a year or maybe it's 6 months. I think we do have to give notice when we're going to use it.

• Our daycare has the same policy.  You have to give 2 weeks written notice for vacations and I pay by week regardless if she misses a day or if there are holidays in the week.  Also we only get 1 vacation week per year.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"