Babies: 0 - 3 Months

napping in nursery

STM, but I don't seem to remember anything!  When do you start putting your LO in his/her nursery for naps?  DS#2 is sleeping in the living area during the day where it is bright and loud.  He still sleeps pretty much around the clock, but his limited wakeful periods are during the day, so I think he has his days/nights sorted out.  Should I wait until he is awake for more of the day and actually taking naps rather than just sleeping most of the time?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: napping in nursery

• Ds napped in his own room from day one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemabenner1:
    Ds napped in his own room from day one.

How many hours does he sleep during the day? DS literally sleeps 20 hours a day. I've had him in the living area to get days/nights figured out and because 20 hours alone in his room seems like solitary confinement.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemrs.mastro:
    imagemabenner1:
    Ds napped in his own room from day one.

How many hours does he sleep during the day? DS literally sleeps 20 hours a day. I've had him in the living area to get days/nights figured out and because 20 hours alone in his room seems like solitary confinement.

He slept all the time as a newborn. I figured he was better off getting quality sleep and learning to sleep alone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • =Lee=B=Lee=B member

My 12 week old spends 12 hrs in nursery (in crib) at night and naps with me during the day.  She'll nap on my chest or in the baby carrier as much as I can otherwise she'll sleep on couch or in her bouncy chair. 

She would sleep in her crib no problem but she sleeps so much I prefer to have some body contact with her while she naps.  Once she is on a set 2 or 3 naps a day I will have her sleep in her crib more...for now I am enjoying the cuddle time.

Also, my mom, brother and SIL are diving 20hours to visit us for 10days in a week...they will be fighting over who gets to hold her so I figure she may as well be used to sleeping on people still at least until they leave otherwise they would see her like an hour a day.

I have no worries about her quality of sleep since she can be passed from person to person without waking and has slept through the smoke detector and house alarm which are insanely loud.  She puts herself to sleep in crib at night so I have no worries about her needing to learn to sleep there later.

• My LO is 13 weeks and naps in his crib mainly because he likes to stretch out and shift a lot. He also opens his eyes throughout his sleep and anytime he recognizes he's not in his crib he wakes up early from his nap. 
  • image=Lee=B:

I have no worries about her quality of sleep since she can be passed from person to person without waking and has slept through the smoke detector and house alarm which are insanely loud.  She puts herself to sleep in crib at night so I have no worries about her needing to learn to sleep there later.

DS sleeps throught EVERYTHING during the day too.  Dog barking, 3-year-old playgroup, fighter jets flying over, etc.  I am almost worried he'll be so used to sleeping through daytime commotion that he won't be able to nap in peace.  But he does do fine at night too.  Whatever it was I did with DS#1 seemed to work, so hopefully it will come back to me.

• Ds is 8.5 weeks and still mostly naps inour living area 1 reason is that he often likes to nap on his tummy so I want him where I can keep a close eye on him during that nap. His naps are still frequent and unpredictable. When he is down to a regular 3 nap a day schedule I will put him in his crib for naps. He is sleeping in his crib at night
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"