1st Trimester

First OB visit...... That's it?

Just wanted to get some feedback on what happened at your first OB appt....

As for me, I had mine yesterday at 7w3d. He did a pelvic, a breast exam, gave me some do's and dont's, and then I had to ask him for my blood test results. That was it. Does that seem right?

Re: First OB visit...... That's it?

• imageCarmlvsjose:
    Just wanted to get some feedback on what happened at your first OB appt.... As for me, I had mine yesterday at 7w3d. He did a pelvic, a breast exam, gave me some do's and dont's, and then I had to ask him for my blood test results. That was it. Does that seem right?

I got a sonogram, breast exam and a pap done. Blood drawn. Samples of prenatals and do's and don't with a bag of pregnancy books

• My first real appointment was at 10 weeks (I had previously gone in for a confirmation ultrasound after my BFP at 6 weeks).  The exam included blood work, a urine sample, and a pap smear, as well as a chat about dos and don'ts.  He also did an ultrasound because I expressed some anxiety about how the baby was doing.  That wasn't supposed to be part of the exam. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I got am ultrasound and prenatals. I still haven't had a pap or pelvic exam yet and I have seen him 3 times. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KFiori1KFiori1 member
    Every practice does it differently. At mine, they do a 6 week consult, which is just a pelvic exam and you discuss any questions/confirms. Then around 8 weeks they do an ultrasound.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Seems normal to me. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yep, normal.
  • Ark2013Ark2013 member
    Seems like a typical first appointment. I also had my first appointment yesterday. This is what happened at mine:

weight and blood pressure check
    asked question regarding medical history.
    gave a urine sample
    had a pap and internal
    got papers for blood work and ultrasound
    talked about morning sickness and got a script for diclectin
    scheduled my next appointment.

Most will just include weight and blood pressure check and ask if I have any questions. Pretty boring really.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks ladies.... I was trying to think back to my first OB with my daughter who is now 8 and I remember doing an ultrasound. Just needed some reassurance.
  • My first was at 6 to 7 weeks. I'll find out Monday at my ultrasound how far along I really really am since I was so irregular. She confirmed the pregnancy, general questionnaire for me and the DH big ole packet of info my fav!! and send down for my urinalysis and bloodwork. She scheduled my ultrasound for what she thinks is 9w but I guess I'll find out for sure in a couple days! I think if you're generally regular, they assume you have normal ovulation and may not opt to give you an ultrasound unless you experience cramping or spotting until later on but I then again every provider is different and you've got to be willing to speak up if you want one done earlier.
    CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"