Baby Showers

O.....M.....G

I am NOT about following "baby shower rules"

I think co ed showers, showers with or with out games,  or even 2nd pregnancy baby showers can rock!

BUUUT ... even this twinged my nerves. I received a shower invite in the mail today and on the bottom in small letters it said "No gifts under $50 will be accepted, hahaha jk!"

O....M....G... not cute.

Re: O.....M.....G

• FemShepFemShep member
    There's no way I would attend. You know they meant it, but just put the haha jk so they could laugh it off if someone called them on that BS. 
  • WOW. That is the quickest way to get me to RSVP "no" (or should I say, "HELL NO") to an event. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • People are so tacky! I'd definitely come up with other plans for that day.. unless you want to watch the train wreck that will be that shower..
  • I barely know the person. They got my address from the address book at church. I am not going.
  • imageShopaholic30:
    I barely know the person. They got my address from the address book at church. I am not going.

I will never understand the logic behind inviting everyone at your church to a shower... Especially when you don't know the people.  And that line on the invitiation... tacky beyond belief.

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSherbet Lemon:

imageShopaholic30:
    I barely know the person. They got my address from the address book at church. I am not going.

I will never understand the logic behind inviting everyone at your church to a shower... Especially when you don't know the people.  And that line on the invitiation... tacky beyond belief.

I also loved how my name was misspelled  haha

• I don't think I could attend this event, the invitation is a sign of the type of event it is going to be. this thing is going to be a train wreck.  

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Oh dear. That is beyond awful. Wow.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageShopaholic30:
    imageSherbet Lemon:

imageShopaholic30:

I also loved how my name was misspelled  haha

If asked why you did not attend and/or give a gift, you could claim you thought it was sent to you in error because they had your name wrong!!!! HA>

• This is for real?  

I wouldn't go to a shower if that was on the invite.  What a turd. 

• imageShopaholic30:

I am NOT about following "baby shower rules"

I think co ed showers, showers with or with out games,  or even 2nd pregnancy baby showers can rock!

BUUUT ... even this twinged my nerves. I received a shower invite in the mail today and on the bottom in small letters it said "No gifts under $50 will be accepted, hahaha jk!"

O....M....G... not cute.

:O ............

• Wow! Hahaha that's too funny I can't even believe anyone would write that on their invite!
  • You should reply: "Sorry I don't spend $50 on strangers. My RSVP is NO!"

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Really? I would probably include a receipt showing how I paid just $49 total (wrapping paper/card and all). How rude!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Let us for a moment think that whoever this hostess is, she 

1) thinks she is very funny

2) probably grew up hearing she was adorable

3) her parents were so busy telling her she was adorable, they had no time to mention things like etiquette, or how the written word could render her sense of humor as entirely not humorous.

With that in mind, your options are the following.

1) if you truly do not know this person, declining the invitation is a wonderful option. You can even go the written route, and use Ms. Manner's formula of :""Mr. and Mrs. Penrod Pebble regret that they are unable to accept the kind invitation of Ms. Home-wrecker and Mr. Cad for Saturday, the ninth of June." I do suggest replacing the appropriate names for you and the hostess, so as not to further confuse them.

2) Declining does not mean you have to send a gift, but if you decide to send "a little something," make sure it is very little. A book on etiquette perhaps? One of those cute "books of virtues" for children? Might as well give the new generation a fighting chance. 

3) If you feel any reason to accept or attend, do so graciously and with nothing but a song in your heart. If the manners at the party are of the same caliber of the invitation you shall have wonderful fodder for later stories. If they are well above that, you can be pleasantly surprised and enjoy yourself.

Always remember that your time is valuable (so is your money, but that seems to have escaped our hostess,) and you get to dictate how you spend it. (that also goes for your money.) And if the host is as unforgivably gauche enough to ask what you spent on the gift, I suggest saying your gift cost $49.98... and them give them your remaining "Two cents" to round out the obligation set by the invitation. No. That would be unkind. Ignore that last statement... or tell us all about it...!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"