April 2013 Moms
Options

Double transition

I'm EPing, and LO sleeps I her room in the RNP. I feel like we just got a schedule down and she is sleeping really well, but I am going back to work in three weeks and she is staying home with DH for a week, and then starting daycare.

I plan to start the switch to formula the week before I go back to work, and I know we need to work on transitioning her to the crib so that she will be able to sleep flat at day care. Has anyone tackled these two things at once? Or should i start the move to the crib sooner? I don't want to rock her whole world by changing too much at once!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Double transition

• Options
    We tried the transition both at once for the same reason, I was going back to work. We didn't realize that getting them use to formula could be a pukey mess. For a good week they would puke after every feeding. I feared that they would choke and I wouldn't hear them on the monitor so we kept them sleeping in the RnP's in our room until they got use to the formula and then switched them to their cribs about a week or two later. We had no issues switching the girls to their cribs. In fact, they slept their longest stretch that first night in the crib. BOTH of them! They also hated the crib when we tried it about 5 or 6 weeks ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm just wondering why both of you transitioned to FF? I realize it's a choice, but were there specific reasons you did this? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried so hard to tandem nurse and it just wasn't working. One baby liked to lay football hold while the other only liked to lay cross body. Once they were too big I went to pumping because single nursing two babies literally consumed my life. I was nursing at least one of them an hour at a time.

Pumping got to be too difficult when I went back to work. I had to use my break time to do it so pumping for 30 min in 8hrs really messed with my supply. I decided it just wasn't worth it anymore and that no matter what, as long as babies have full bellies...they're happy. I'm actually very glad I did. I've had MUCH MUCH happier and less gassy babies because of it.

And power to twin moms who work and breastfeed. I just know many people with one baby who struggle with getting the hang of it and when you throw in a second baby...it takes things to a whole different level.
  • Options
    slumpa1slumpa1 member
    When I go back to work I will be doing 10 hr days so that would require a lot of pumping at work to keep up my supply, which doesn't seem feasible. I have a stash of frozen that I will use to help transition, but would rather start the process the last week I'm home in case they don't adjust well.

Jordynleigh, kudos to you for even giving it a try! i think one is a lot of work so doing any of this with two amazes me! How old were your girls when you went back and they started liking the crib?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Our girls were 2 months and some change when I quit breastfeeding. And we're two and a half mo. Old when I used up all my stash.
    They have been in their cribs for a week and a half and have not had any issues at all. We started with naps once my freezer stash was gone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"