June 2013 Moms

Eek! SO excited!

I had my 38 wk apt yesterday and my blood pressure was pretty high (runs a little high anyway). I also had my first internal and was 1 1/2 cm and 80% effaced. Since my bp was so high, I had to get labwork done to confirm I didn't have toxemia or anything like that. I had a follow up this morning and labs look fine but he set an induction date for Wednesday as he doesn't want to chance any risk with the high bp.  I have my 39 wk apt on Monday afternoon, and if I'm at 3 cm, I'll and go in Wednesday morning for Pitocin...if not at a 3, I go in Tuesday morning for the Foley and will be induced Wednesday.

Everything is starting to really feel real now! Eek!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Eek! SO excited!

• Sounds similar to my experience today.  I just got my lab work done and am waiting the results.  My doctor isn't a big fan of first time mom induction and I guess he's waiting for the results before making a decision.  I hope the baby progresses in the meantime.  I was only 1 cm dilated today :(  Glad you're almost to the finish line and good luck on Wednesday :) 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Sounds like my story too. I'm 39 weeks 5 days. Have had high BP for a little over a week but all the tests for PE came back negative. Went in today and since they really don't want me going past my due date (6/2), I'm being induced tonight! I'm 2 centimeters and 60% effaced so hopefully it will go well. Good luck to you.

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck! I hope I join you ladies soon ;)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"