December 2010 Moms

Please pass the bfp water!

So happy for all the bfps! I have a sad feeling it's not going to happen for us and G will be an only. I feel weird being all doom and gloom about my chances but I'm old! Anyway, keep'em coming! I shall live vicariously!

Eta:  I'm sorry to any of you who have dealt with infertility.  I know I'm being ridiculous and haven't been trying very long.  Due to my age and my own personal boundaries, I only have until December to get pregnant.  I know that might not be enough time but it's the way things have ended up and I am trying to be ok if it happens or not.  Just feeling a little nervous tonight! 

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13

Re: Please pass the bfp water!

• Wasn't G an accident? If you weren't even trying with him then surely you can get pregnant again :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For some reason I got it in my head that you were taking a break from trying while you're working on the new house.

I don't have a lot of advice, but I do have big hugs and lots of prayers for you. I imagine that dealing with your new house and your husband and family grieving is putting a lot of stress on you! I hope you can get some time to relax and be hopeful again!
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetiffanyp:
    Wasn't G an accident? If you weren't even trying with him then surely you can get pregnant again :)

Yes, he was.  Maybe it was a crazy miracle? I hope it happens but if it doesn't, G is enough.  I think I'm trying to steel myself just in case.  :-) 

Lilypie - (vGZN)

• image--halo--:
    For some reason I got it in my head that you were taking a break from trying while you're working on the new house. I don't have a lot of advice, but I do have big hugs and lots of prayers for you. I imagine that dealing with your new house and your husband and family grieving is putting a lot of stress on you! I hope you can get some time to relax and be hopeful again!

Thank you!  We are trying. But, yeah, all the stress is wreaking havoc with my cycles and everything else.  Maybe when things calm down!   

Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Big hugs for you! I have to second the idea that stress could just be throwing your body off whack. Maybe when everything calms down. Until then lots of thoughts and prayers and baby dust coming your way.
  • Stress affects the body in SO many ways. I'm cheering for you; I know it's easier said than done, but try to not obsess over it and enjoy this crazy time of (sometimes) sweet toddlers and seeing the house come together!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I have a weird suggestion. The only time my cycles were completely regular was when I would get massages every other week.  I recommend this to everyone because it can't hurt (and you get massages which is cool anyway).  Can you get massages with your skin condition?

But anyway, hugs to you.  Don't give up hope.  That's 6 cycles to try. And who says you have to give up in December? January is not that much different than Dec! ;)  Don't draw the line yet...see how you feel by the end of December (if you aren't already KU!)

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Hugs!  It's ok to feel however you feel.  Just because someone always has it harder than you doesn't invalidate your feelings.  It's frustrating to be ready for something then have to wait.  You've been through a lot the last few years (your body has been through a lot) don't get down on yourself.

I agree with Jilly - massages if you can, maybe acupuncture or just something else relaxing and only for you (even if it's a painting class or something).  

You know we're all here for you and you can vent here anytime! 

image   image

• I agree -- give yourself some space. Stress can do some funny things to your body (I know b/c I struggled with that when we were TTC the first time around) and sometimes just giving yourself permission to "just see" and play it by ear is enough to take some of the pressure off.

I am rooting for you, but I also know that if G is an only, that's okay. I feel a little wistful about bringing another child into our family, since my one-on-one time with N is so precious. Usually. Sometimes. Except when she makes me want to tear my hair out. ;) 

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ::hugs::

My issues are different, but I understand the mixed emotions and worry completely. I am so thrilled for everyone, but it stings to be left behind time and time again.

Keeping your mind in the present and focusing on your life now is usually the most helpful thing you can do, but I'm a planner (and a worrier), so I know that's not always easy either.

Sending you lots of good luck and crossed fingers! I hope you get your BFP soon.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • kj07kj07 member
    I feel the same way, Cheekers.  I can't speak for everyone, but as someone who has dealt with infertility a bit, your post didn't bother me at all.  It's not as if my struggles and feelings invalidate your struggles and feelings.  There's enough gloominess for us all (she says cheerfully Stick out tongue).  If you find the baby dust, I'll steal the bfp water and mix us both a cocktail.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • imageutlawgirl:

I am rooting for you, but I also know that if G is an only, that's okay. I feel a little wistful about bringing another child into our family, since my one-on-one time with N is so precious. Usually. Sometimes. Except when she makes me want to tear my hair out. ;) 

I agree with this too. You guys do so many fun things with G and give him so much love and attention that I have no doubt he will have a very fun, full and exciting childhood whether he's an only or not. If you end up being "one and done" whether by choice or not by choice, I don't think you should feel guilty at all.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageEMO-mamma:

Hugs!  It's ok to feel however you feel.  Just because someone always has it harder than you doesn't invalidate your feelings.  It's frustrating to be ready for something then have to wait.  You've been through a lot the last few years (your body has been through a lot) don't get down on yourself.

I agree with Jilly - massages if you can, maybe acupuncture or just something else relaxing and only for you (even if it's a painting class or something).  

You know we're all here for you and you can vent here anytime! 

all of this!

also, it took us three years and treatments to conceive oliver, and i think a lot of it had to do with stress.  moved, new job, etc.  i dont know your age, or what you've done, but if you're open to it i suggest asking your OB to run some tests, have DH get tested, just to make sure you're ready to go.  i wish we had done that sooner.  also, our chiropractor and acupuncturist were very helpful with stress relievers and diet/vitamin suggestions (we are both up there in age, so we needed to improve egg/sperm quality).  good luck mama, and peace with whatever is to be!

• *hugs* cheekers.
  • I know how you feel cheekers!  I'm getting closer to that year mark.  DD was a surprise so obviously I thought I'd be KTFU right away.  My cycles get longer and longer and it's just frustrating.  If you find the water, send it my way!
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • lrn327lrn327 member
    As a potential fellow one-and-done-er, I know the feeling!  I feel a little sad at times too, but there are many, many positives as well.  However it works out will be perfect and best for you all.  Hugs as always!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HUGS. We had a really hard time getting the trio, then a couple BFN's trying for Jericho. Now we are trying for our last and have had one IUI fail already. I'm in the 2ww right now, but it is hard to be optimistic. I really wanted to be done by 35, well that is this October...not to mention the $ when you can't do things the "old fashioned" way ;) I am not sure how many more tries we have in us if this one doesn't work. I know it is silly to most, since we have 4 great kiddos already, I just don't feel done yet....and I really hate that that decision may not be mine to make.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Hugs.  It took me 18 months after a miscarriage to get pregnant with my first daughter.  It is rough.  But now look at me - who knows what might happen for you!  I know it's hard, but the less you think and stress about it the better.  Good luck to you. 

• Thank you all for your encouragement.  The stress of the last couple months is really getting to me emotionally so I had a little breakdown in optimism last night. It will be fine either way!  I know this.  And, honestly, when we were pregnant with G I thought we would be OAD.  Then he as turned out to be such a cool kid that I changed my mind completely.  Our plan was to ttc when G was 1 and then I started having all those health problems and I had to put it off for what seemed like forever. I took a med that I absolutely could not get pregnant on until it was out of my system (6 months!!) which was February.  It gave me such a small (admittedly self imposed) window that I'm stressing about it.

Anyhow, I really hope I didnt offend.  I feel a bit foolish.  Thank you for the suggestions!  I am doing acupuncture and will try massage. 

Lilypie - (vGZN)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"