Breastfeeding

FTM question

Can you use formula while you are breastfeeding? Say LO is at the sitter and they run out of breastmilk or say I want to drink alcohol one day come I feed LO formula for that day until the alcohol is out of the breastmilk?

Re: FTM question

• You can use it, I just had to let my MIL while she babysat. Instead of having her just give straight formula if she ran out, I had her mix half and half once she only had like 10 oz left. 

With the alcohol thing, you can definitely build up a supply of BM for nights/next day after drinking. I have done it twice. I had 28 ozs, and fed off my breast again 12 hours after my last drink. You can give formula but you want to make sure you pump to keep your supply up/relieve engorgement while LO is away. My first night out, I made the mistake of not bring my pump, and had to hand express it into the toilet at the bar. I had terrible aim haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • shanog3shanog3 member
    right, just in case of an emergency is the plan. So for drinking just make sure I pump enough to cover for when the alcohol is still in my system. > How long should I wait to breastfeed per drink I consume?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageshanog3:
    right, just in case of an emergency is the plan. So for drinking just make sure I pumpnbsp;enough to cover for when the alcohol is still in my system. gt; How long should I wait to breastfeed per drink I consume?

The rule appears to be that it leaves your milk at the same rate it leaves your blood.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"