1st Trimester

No symptoms...?

Maybe I'll just find ANY reason to be worried, but I'm 9 weeks and have next to no symptoms; besides the positive pregnancy tests and continued lack of a period, there would be no indication I'm even with child.  

I have slight nasal congestion and fairly frequent headaches (which I always had during my cycle, too; I'm prone to them), but since week 5 I've had no fatigue or nausea (which wasn't ever severe).  Have I just lucked out and those things didn't last as long for me as others, or could the lack of symptoms be a cause for concern, like the baby isn't growing and developing?

I know the obvious answer is "go see your doctor" but I'm on Medicaid and it doesn't kick in until July 1.  I can't afford a doctor otherwise (not that I even have a doctor), so I have to wait.   

Anybody else out there have no symptoms?

Re: No symptoms...?

• Symptoms mean nothing. Some never get them and have a healthy pregnancy. Some have every symptom in the book and miscarry anyway. Don't rely on symptoms to tell you anything.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I had a meltdown around week 8 when I was feeling perfect for a few days.  I was convinced something was wrong and totally prepared to hear the worst at my next appointment.  But then I got to see the little one, dancing around on the ultrasound screen, and my anxiety faded significantly.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Also re: being able to afford a doctor visit...

Serious question: How are you going to afford a baby if you can't afford doctors' visits without assistance?

State assistance or welfare doesn't get you clothes, diapers and wipes, right? I'm genuinely curious about this and really not trying to be rude. I don't know how it's done.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Thanks, ladies!  I think it probably *is* nothing to worry about...it just isn't the norm and this is my first (!!!!), so I'm not entirely sure how to feel about things.  You hear one "typical" experience described to you and, when it isn't going that way at all, it made me question.

Stupid brain and its over overthinking! 

• L RosL Ros member
    As far as the Medicaid question, I have a friend that was on Medicaid through her pregnancy but provides for her son just fine. He is the first grand baby so she probably gets help from family, but she wasn't able to get medical from her work because of how expensive it was. It worked for her. Id rather see her spend a few months on state and the extra money going to her son rather than not being able to provide for her son honestly. Everyone's in different situations, but this is what I've seen.
  • imageL Ros:
    As far as the Medicaid question, I have a friend that was on Medicaid through her pregnancy but provides for her son just fine. He is the first grand baby so she probably gets help from family, but she wasn't able to get medical from her work because of how expensive it was. It worked for her. Id rather see her spend a few months on state and the extra money going to her son rather than not being able to provide for her son honestly. Everyone's in different situations, but this is what I've seen.

Right, absolutely not judging [life happens]. I just truthfully didn't know how that works.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Some lucky women don't have true symptoms of pregnancy (the typically nausea, morning sickness, etc). That is not an indication that something is wrong. Try to relax.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• I have had very few symptoms as well. I'm going to be 9 weeks tomorrow. My only symptoms have been bloating, gas, sore boobs, and being more tired than usual. Oh and being super hungry all the time. But I have not had any vomiting or anything like that. We are just lucky I guess, I have my first appointment on Monday so i will finally know for sure that everything is fine but I know it will be! Good luck to you and just relax and be happy you're not puking everyday!!
  • haha I guess so...i guess I meant I've had no morning sickness as far as headaches and vomiting. Feeling pretty good!
  • Same here! I've felt 'normal' now for about 2 or more weeks. I'm about 8/9 weeks along and it's my 1st pregnancy. i keep thinking what if the HPTs were wrong. I have a dr. appt on the 11th so I'm hoping that will ease my mind more.But I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one out there worried about this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"