January 2014 Moms
Options

Raging- A Vent, Obviously.

My boss is planning a trip to Vegas in November that he wanted me to go on. He was booking hotel rooms this week. Because I am technically high risk and that is a long flight in third trimester, my doctor advised against going. He also planned a company outing this week for a zip lining course, and was getting on my case about not being able to go. Because of these issues, I told him that I am expecting. 

First, he told me that I shouldn't have said anything so early because I might still lose the baby. Then, he told his idiot brother who hangs around our office uselessly and he ended up telling me the same thing.

What an effed up thing to say. Seriously. Sure, it's earlier than I probably should have told but come on. My chances of miscarriage are now less than 5%. His chances of being a jerk are obviously much higher than that.

If something does happen, I feel like I will have to quit because I will never be able to speak to him rationally again. 

Re: Raging- A Vent, Obviously.

• Options
    Wow, already having a loss my boss was great.  And what a jerk to say things like that, esp since the only reason you told him was so that you could save him some money in Nov and not hurt yourself zip lining......Sounds like a crazy company to work for.
    BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • Options
    Grrrrrr! This pissed me off on your behalf.
    Charlotte Lynne ~ Jan. 23, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am in my office now, right next to his and just steaming.

Shortly after this conversation, he made a tasteless joke about a coworker of ours that passed away last year. Really?

• Options
    DishyloDishylo member
    Really???  How long have you been there?  If my boss was like that I'd very likely start looking for somewhere else to work!
  • Options

imageDishylo:
    Really???  How long have you been there?  If my boss was like that I'd very likely start looking for somewhere else to work!

I've been here six years and can't find a job anywhere else making even close to as much. It's not that I get paid a ton, but I am young and this place gave me a chance to grow with the company which is great. 

I have always been appreciative of the fact that I have been given this great opportunity, but the trade off is dealing with someone like this. Some days that trade doesn't seem as good as others.

• Options

What a terrible thing to say. It's a shame that some people haven't learned that if they aren't sure what to say, it's okay to say NOTHING and not whatever brainless thought pops in first. If it's any consolation, at least you know that YOU are one LESS person on the earth making idiotic comments like that. I would take a walk or start the weekend early if you can. UGH, what a sleaze. 

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • Options
    Ya that would really upset me too. What a jerk. He should be glad you told him early so he doesn't purchase that flight.
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What a douchelord.  I'm sorry you have to work for him. 

DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • Options

Wow, what an a-hole.

So I guess he would rather you didn't tell and then he'd just be out money for the trip? Or he'd probably be oh so pleasant then, too.

Sorry you have to deal with that!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • Options
    He's a total diiiick.

• Options

Yes. I was literally shaking mad and then almost crying in my office. I am usually not an emotional person, but this set me over the edge.

I hate my job right now. There goes my motivation for the rest of the day. I can't even concentrate. I just don't want to be here but am stuck for the next two hours. 

• Options
    Do you have an HR department? Because I'd be reporting that. You told him so he could make the appropriate plans! You were being thoughtful. And the brother... Why is he there if he isn't doing anything? He has no room for an opinion.

I'm mad for you. Your boss is an asshat.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• Options

imageWinsyWade:
    Do you have an HR department? Because I'd be reporting that. You told him so he could make the appropriate plans! You were being thoughtful. And the brother... Why is he there if he isn't doing anything? He has no room for an opinion. I'm mad for you. Your boss is an a.

We have an HR department, but it's a joke. It's one girl who he hired a few months ago who basically just agrees with whatever he says. We don't even have an employee manual and the rules were changed for things like PTO and maternity leave in January, but nobody has received a written of explanation of what the changes are. It's June.

I typed out my own proposal for maternity leave based on what he verbally agreed to do in the past and am having him  and HR sign it since he is exactly the type of person who would tell me one thing and then do another when the time came. I am getting a whopping one week paid after six years of service.

I hate my job right now.  

• Options
    That sucks! What an idiot. I would 2nd the idea of thinking about a different job. Maybe after the baby?

• Options
    Wow, he sounds like a gem.
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What choice did you have, he needed to know that you can't do the zip line, or go on the Vegas trip. Tell him to shut his mouth and mind his own business.

• Options

imageArya808:
    What an a$$hole! Sorry you gotta deal with this b/s at work  :(

UH, this!

Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"