Multiples

Who here has a sedan/station wagon?

We had to get rid of our beloved Honda Odyssey, and are looking at sedans/station wagons now. We moved to a place with really expensive gas, and they don't really sell minivans here (or not at our budget anyway). 

So what sedans will fit a double stroller? DH is obsessed with Japanese cars, but anything with a huge trunk will do. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Who here has a sedan/station wagon?

• We have a Subaru Legacy. No problems with the double stroller or two cat seats, but there isn't tons of space after we all get in! DH drives a Nissan Altima and the trunk on that thing is huge.

ETA: I used to drive a VW. They also have very large trunks.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• A VW? My friend has a VW Passat and she can't fit her singleton stroller in the trunk without taking the wheels off it. But maybe it depends on the type of car. 

Sigh. I didn't expect to have to become so uncool. Although, I swore I'd never get a minivan and ended up loving our Odyssey. Maybe I'll come to love a station wagon as well. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagehuntertwin:

A VW? My friend has a VW Passat and she can't fit her singleton stroller in the trunk without taking the wheels off it. But maybe it depends on the type of car. 

Sigh. I didn't expect to have to become so uncool. Although, I swore I'd never get a minivan and ended up loving our Odyssey. Maybe I'll come to love a station wagon as well. 

We have a 2012 Passat (new body style) and the trunk is huge. It fits the stroller and has plenty of extra room. Inside the car, we have plenty of room even with the infant car seats (Chicco Keyfit's). 

photo image-3.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a toyota avalon and my baby trend double sit and stand fits great with room for groceries!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have you considered a Mazda 5? We have one and I think it's technically a station wagon. It has plenty of cargo space, sliding rear doors like a minivan, and has only a 4 cylinder engine so is cheaper on gas. Plus it's really cheap, and is also Japanese, so your husband would like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have a sonata. 3 across back and double stroller in trunk!

• We have a Kia Rondo, a midsize CUV. It's a great size for 2 kids. I think they stopped making them in 2009ish but I think a CUV might be a good bet for you if you don't want a station wagon. DH drives a Chrysler 300M (which was our only car till the boys were 10m old) and that worked well too. Roomy back seat and roomy trunk so no problem fitting the stroller, luggage, etc., in the trunk.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Volvo wagon all the way! I had an older V70 but with triplets had to give it up sadly. However, with long trips to visit my DHs family we fit 2 large dogs, their cages, all our travel stuff and 2 sets of golf clubs. It was the best car I EVER had. Wish I still had it and dream of the day that I can have one again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"