Pregnant after 35

What do you make of this? (sorry this is long)

I am 37 and this is my first pregnancy. I have had late periods before and then very heavy bleeding when it did show up. Some of these times I thought it possible I was pregnant. I have never had a confirmed miscarriage. I also have had numbness in hands and feet for past several years that my neurologist could not find a reason for. My OB is aware of all of this (he has been my doc all along) . I got my BFP on May 9th (period was due on the 14th) I went in on may 13th for blood draw to check hcg & progesterone. Hcg was 82/progesterone 24.4. My hcg has been consistantly going up but progesterone dropped to 16.6 then to 10.6 this week. Yesterday when the nurse called with results they started me on Crinone and scheduled an ultrasond for tomorrow. My original appontment for first exam and u/s was June 27th. The nurse called me again today and said due to my age and to increase circulation to the baby my doctor wants me to start taking baby aspirin daily. She also mentioned it is to avoid small blood clots. I have been concerned about antiphospholipid antibody syndrome but no one has wanted to test me for it. What I am wondering is do doctors routinely put women on aspirin in the first trimester for any other reason than a clotting disorder being suspected?

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

Re: What do you make of this? (sorry this is long)

• Thank you!

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

• Geeps2Geeps2 member

I have been on progesterone with my last pregnancy and again with this one.  I however have never been put on baby aspirin ever.  I would call tomorrow and question why they are telling you to take it? 

Good Lcuk!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • GuennieGuennie member
    Usually baby aspirin is given when there are clotting issues and or a history of miscarriage. I don't have confirmed clotting issues but I have a MTHFR defect and a history of miscarriage so I was put on baby aspirin as soon as I got my bfp. There is no solid proof that it helps prevent early pregnancy loss but if your dr suspects you are at great risk that's why he's prescribing it. If he thinks it might help I would go ahead and take it. I have made it to almost 15 weeks and so far so good. Congrats to you and good luck!!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • At this point it is looking like a blighted ovum.  I have to wait for more testing next week.

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"