2nd Trimester
Options

Belly Button...

Hey Everyone,

Just a question for all the Mom's out there. I'm 22 weeks today. I have my belly button pierced and I'm not sure when the right time is to take out the piercing? My belly button hasn't popped yet, but I know that it could happen at anytime.

Anyone else been through this already and if so, what did you do?

Thank you!!

Re: Belly Button...

• Options
    I got a plastic maternity one off of eBay and so far it's been fine.  Looks a little silly if I'm wearing a tight fitting shirt but I don't want to lose my piercing just yet!

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Options
    I haven't had trouble with mine yet but I put a maternity one in around 20 weeks .. I'm almost 24 weeks now and it still seems big
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Not all belly buttons "pop out". 

I took mine out probably around 18 weeks as it was getting uncomfortable. With my first I think I waited a little longer. 

Also, I had mine out for months and months and months.... and it didn't close up.  It would take a really long time for it to just close up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I took mine out around 14 weeks just because that particular one was uncomfortable and I knew I would need to take it out at some point anyways. I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to lose my piercing just yet but I don't really like the maternity rings so I've just been running a regular one up through the hole about once a week to keep it open. 
    January Siggy Challenge: Why I don't shop at Walmart 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    Kfran84Kfran84 member
    My belly button is like a deep, deep cavern! My belly is growing up around it and leaving the belly button behind. It has been weirding me out. No advice on the piercing.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NNGnomeNNGnome member
    I took mine out around 17 weeks I think, but FWIW with my first pregnancy I took mine out at 9 weeks, and didn't put it back in until about 8ish months post partum, and it hadn't closed up in the slightest.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Options
    i don't have a belly button ring so I can't really give you great advice on that but i don't think all belly buttons "pop out" i know mine has definetly changed though...
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options
    I still have my regular belly ring in and I'm almost 29 weeks. I'd say just take it out or replace with a maternity one when it gets uncomfortable. As pp said, not all belly buttons pop, mine certainly hasn't and I'm not expecting it to any time soon if it does at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"