Nurseries and Baby Gear

Diaper bag

I hate asking this question!!! But my friends all only have one. But I keep hearing online and at the baby stores I should have two. Do I need two? It's is more helpful to have two?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper bag

• i am in the same predicament, but i figured everyone is different with different preferences. start with one, and if you feel you need a second you can get one. 
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ccamccam member

When I was home on leave, I was perfectly fine with one.  We bought a second one when DS started daycare.  It was just easier to pack up one that we left there and leave the one with my stuff and all the extras at home.  It doesn't even really need to be a diaper bag that you leave at daycare though, any bag will do.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Loading the player...
  • 1 diaper bag and 1 diaper clutch that stays in the car. When I had 2 under 2, I had 2 diaper bags.
  • MrsNoleMrsNole member
    No I didn't need two.  If after baby comes you realize you do need two (for whatever reason) then go out and get another one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I only needed one......like ever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • tracy41tracy41 member
    Maybe I'm weird but I have three for different uses. Of course I don't buy designer bags so all three of mine probably cost less than some people's one. I have an actual "diaper bag" messenger bag that's big enough to hold everything for a whole day excursion or when they are being babysat. And I have a regular bag that holds enough for both kids, minus clothes, and is small enough to throw in a Maclaren stroller basket. My main bag is a small backpack that holds the basics for both for a short time, like going out to lunch or running errands.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ebp913ebp913 member
    I would personally hate having to stock 2 bags regularly.  I think it's far easier to have 1 dedicated bag and whoever takes the baby takes the bag.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I have two, but not on purpose. One I'vehad since the beginning and one was a replacement and I actually love it. One is smaller and one is bigger so I just take whatever bag fits the outing that day. I don't think I would insist on having two I don't think it's necessary but I do like that I do
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • I have one that I splurged on, I plan on just using that one bag. My husband packed a medium sized backpack so he can use it for baby, he has the koala baby travel changing station that folds in his bag.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"