August 2012 Moms
Options

birthday party ideas???

I can't believe I am planning DD 1st birthday party already!  Was looking for any unique ideas as I haven't been to too many kid's parties recently. We are thinking of having it at a park/playground near our neighborhood but am worried about it being too hot (for the adults, I think the other kids will be fine playing on the playground) Do people still do goody bags?  Cakes or cupcakes? What time do you start?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: birthday party ideas???

• Options

We don't have any friends with kids, so M's party is going to be just a few, close family/friends. We're having it at 1:00 at my MIL's which has a pool...otherwise I'd advise not doing it in the peak of the heat if you're planning it outside. We're doing a smash cake for M and a small cake and cupcakes for the adults. We're doing a few Minnie Mouse decorations and putting M in a Minnie Mouse bathing suit. "Minnie Mouse" is our theme but we're not going too, too crazy...maybe a banner, some pink and black balloons, etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I guess it depends on how hot it gets where you live. If its really hot then id recommend a late afternoon or a morning party. Are there trees? Can you take an easy up shade thing?
    We're doing Mickey Mouse clubhouse theme in our backyard with a few splash pools in case it's warm. Bday banner with the characters. Colorful balloons. Sandwiches and hot dogs. Go on pinterest for ideas too. There are a ton on there and you can scale down or blow up many of those ideas.

We're planning a 2/3:00 party. Yes to goody bags. For DDs friends I'm putting a coring book, stickers and some kind of non candy goody in the bag. For the babies I'm putting in a food pouch and a toy of some sort.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"