Pregnant after IF
Options

FET and slow rising betas

Hi all:

My SIL had an FET 13 days ago.  She started testing 6 or 7dpt and was getting positives on First Response right away and then digis a day or two later.  Well, she got her first beta yesterday and was surprised it was only 55, as, since she had been getting positives on HPTs for a while that doubling time seemed really slow.  We both did read that FETs can have slow rising betas though so are hoping that's the case here.  Her next beta is tomorrow but I'm just wondering what others' experiences were with FET betas.

TIA!!

Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: FET and slow rising betas

• Options

I've done three FET's.  (1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 pregnancy).

For the last two, my beta was drawn at 9dpt (day 5 embroys) and in both cases, the first draw was over 100 (I think they were 117 / 101 respectively) and then my repeat draws 11dpt later had more than doubled.    

That said, I never tested at home, and for the c/p, I started spotting 2 hours after I got the BFP phone call, with heavy bleeding 10dpt, and still got a double number  11dpt.  It didn't start dropping until the third draw at 13dpt.

55 is a good number though; my clinic is happy with anything over 50. 

My August beach baby became a July Sparkler!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    My beta 10dp5dt was 21.  You can see the rest in my siggy.  I was indeed pregnant and will be delivering next week.  GL!

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagechicagobride_07:
    My beta 10dp5dt was 21.  You can see the rest in my siggy.  I was indeed pregnant and will be delivering next week.  GL!
    that makes me smile. congratulations!
  • Options
    Juicy71Juicy71 member
    Just an update - her 2nd beta was only 61, so, while some rise is good, they are not holding out hope that this is a viable pregnancy :(  She'll get another beta next Thursday.  Thanks to those that responded!!
    Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    Thank you for posting this here!  I was lurking from IF the other day and boy did this thread help me today.  I just got my first beta and it's only a 23.  I will hold out hope!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"