3rd Trimester
Options

Induction

So I am a bit nervous..they recalculated my due date at my 20 week ultrasound and based on that ultrasound they put my due date as May 26th. I was guessing on the date of my missed period originally because I did not keep track (poor habit) and based on my guess my original due date was June 3rd. I had a non stress test today and they decided if I do not have baby J by Wednesday, I am going in to be induced. I am nervous and excited all at the same time, but I am unsure of what to expect with the induction process. Any advice or details?? Thanks :)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Induction

• Options
    What is the reason for inducing before your original due date? Those ultrasounds vary a lot towards the end, I haven't heard of 'changing your due date' at this late stage.  My advice would be to hold off on any induction talk until at least 41 weeks unless there was a medical reason.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagequeenie3232:
    So I am a bit nervous..they recalculated my due date based on the ultra sound and figured out that I am currently four days passed due. I had a non stress test today and they decided if I do not have baby J by Wednesday, I am going in to be induced. I am nervous and excited all at the same time, but I am unsure of what to expect with the induction process. Any advice or details?? Thanks :)

When was this done? What ultrasound?

Changing your due date this late isn't accurate. I wouldn't go with the new due date if it was just given to you.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is after my original due date..Which is June 3rd. I never really kept track of my period before, so I was guessing on the date of my missed period. However when I had my 20 week ultrasound they estimated my due date at May 26th. That is the due date they have been using.  Sorry for the confusion. They did not JUST change the date..I worded that incorrectly.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    nycnolanycnola member
    About the induction- is your cervix favorable? Have they checked you? Are you dilated at all? Have you been having Braxton Hicks and all that fun stuff? If yes, inductions go smoothly every day. I don't want to be unnaturally puppies and rainbows, because I actually had a really tough induction with my DD, but I am the only one I know personally who did have a bad induction. You will do great, and at the end your Baby J will be here. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"