Baby Names

what do I do?

We are having a hard time picking a boys name for baby (team green).  Our last name is Mathias (end sounds like eye-as) and we named our other son Nathaniel.

I have to admit when I use his full name I feel kind of stupid because it's a little sing-sony with the double 'th' but we loved the name and we always call him Nate unless we are at the doctors office or something.

One of the boys names we are thinking about for the new baby is Lucas, but I need opinions on whether it's too rhyme-y with our last name.  Dh doesn't know if he likes the 's' on the end of each.  What do you think? would you give me the side eye for doing that to another child?  Should we just bite the bullet and pick another name?

Re: what do I do?

• TheWopTheWop member
    You're totally overthinking it.  Who cares if it rhymes or is sing-songy.  If you love it and agree on it, let it roll. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • salt78salt78 member
    Way too rhyme-y. Personally I'd pick something else.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Agreed. It would be enough to make me choose another name. Our last name is Nichols and I can't name my children pretty much anything that ends in an N sound (it runs together) or an S sound. It just doesn't flow perfectly. However, that's enough to make me not "like" a name anymore. If you still love Lucas, regardless of your LN, then you should do it.

• apc1929apc1929 member
    I don't think it sounds bad at all...  Lucas is great  
  • imagesalt78:
    Way too rhyme-y. Personally I'd pick something else.

This.

Lucas is an awesome name, but I don't love the similar sounds and it's not so great with the sibset. I'd probably go with another vintage/old-fashioned name:

Isaiah, Jonah, Simon, Tristan, Arthur, Emmett, Henry, Oliver, Samuel, August, Ethan, Jasper, Jude, Oscar, Roman, Sebastian, Isaac, Julian, Owen, Elijah, Frederick, George, Levi

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• ZimgerZimger member

I really like Lucas but I agree that it is too much.

I wouldn't side eye it but personally it would bother me if were in your shoes.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nice name but a little too rhyme-y I must say. 
    Anniversary
  • imageTheWop:
    You're totally overthinking it.nbsp; Who cares if it rhymes or is singsongy.nbsp; If you love it and agree on it, let it roll.nbsp;

I agree!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"