Multiples

I've been lurking ... now I can join you!

I've been lurking on this board because I had a "feeling" with this pregnancy. The midwife told me I was measuring three weeks ahead, and I've been feeling movement for more than two weeks; and sure enough, we got to meet TWO new babies via ultrasound today! 

I admit I am freaking out a bit because my LO will only be 19-20 months old when the twins are born--yikes! I am a bit overwhelmed and anxious that when they come I'll be a stressed-out and unpleasant mama. But I am also excited and can't wait to meet these little ones. :) 

In the meantime, any words of wisdom for managing 3 under 2? Hehe!  

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image

Re: I've been lurking ... now I can join you!

• Congratulations and welcome! It's definitely overwhelming at first, but you manage! There are lots of moms on here with a lo and twins who I'm sure will offer some great advice.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!  What a wonderful and scary :) surprise!  Stick around, there are lots of 3 under 2 moms here.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats! DS will be 25months apart when the twins arrive. I am still in the overwhelming stage so I completely understand how you feel. I keep telling myself it will work out and be our new norm.

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
    Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
    IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
    Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
    Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations and welcome!
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SkyBeeSkyBee member

My LO was 18 months old when the twins were born. It actually has been a lot easier than I anticipated.  DS loves his brothers and gives them lots of hugs and kisses!

ETA: My advice would be to make sure your homeis baby proofed from floor to ceiling so that your toddler can't get into any trouble while you are busy with your twins.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats!  We're only a few days apart!
  • Welcome and congrats!
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Thanks for the welcome everyone! :) 

SkyBee, thank you for the advice! We will be moving in two months (out of a two bedroom apartment, so we can't really say here!!), which will give us a good opportunity to make sure our place is completely baby-proofed from the start! We definitely still have a few problem areas that our little guy likes to get into when I'm not looking ... 
    Pregnancy Ticker

image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"