September 2013 Moms

NBR: Pecan Pie

I just thought you would all like to know that I just put two pecan pies in the oven.  They smell delicious already!  Who wants to come share?

What's your favorite dessert to make? 

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!

Re: NBR: Pecan Pie

• I LOVE pecan pie. But I haven't had it in years. I'll be right over!  :-)

I;m a great cook but I'm not much of a baker. I have this Almond Bread with berry compote that I'm pretty good at, but thats about it. I was thinking about making some peanut butter cookies today.

• imageEllaBelle2010:

I LOVE pecan pie. But I haven't had it in years. I'll be right over!  :-)

I;m a great cook but I'm not much of a baker. I have this Almond Bread with berry compote that I'm pretty good at, but thats about it. I was thinking about making some peanut butter cookies today.

Peanut butter cookies are my FAVORITE!!  I'll send some pie your way if you send some of your cookies! 

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh you really are a mean person. I love pecan pie! My grandma makes the best pecan tassies. Those are like little bite size pecan pies. For the longest time I didn't know they were called pecan tassies. I called them pecan tasties. So now that's what my grandma calls them.

I love making any type of cookie and pumpkin pie from scratch. Like from an actual pumpkin, not from a can. It's so much better!
  • imageFutureMrs07282012:
    Oh you really are a mean person. I love pecan pie! My grandma makes the best pecan tassies. Those are like little bite size pecan pies. For the longest time I didn't know they were called pecan tassies. I called them pecan tasties. So now that's what my grandma calls them. I love making any type of cookie and pumpkin pie from scratch. Like from an actual pumpkin, not from a can. It's so much better!

My grandma always made pecan tassies too!  She would send them in a box to us every Christmas!!  Nobody ever knows what I'm talking about when I mention them though!!  I love those things! 

• Man! I was coming in to tell you that this time you can't get to me with your sweets titles... Then you had to end with asking what our favorite desserts are! You are prime evil! Now I just want lady fingers!

Adding, I forgot to say I can't stand pecan pie. Which is why I was happy to come in...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageEMLYNNLERETTE:
    Man! I was coming in to tell you that this time you can't get to me with your sweets titles... Then you had to end with asking what our favorite desserts are! You are prime evil! Now I just want lady fingers! Adding, I forgot to say I can't stand pecan pie. Which is why I was happy to come in...

Muahahahaha (that's my evil laugh).  Lady fingers are delicious!  But I like them best when they are in a tiramisu!   

• Oh yum I looove pecan pie. I'm a huge baker so I love making all kinds of tasty treats. I'm actually going home this afternoon and making homemade peach cobbler for my brother's high school graduation dinner tonight. 
    January Siggy Challenge: Why I don't shop at Walmart 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Great, look what you started! Now I want some.  Thank goodness all I need to do is follow the recipe on the back of the kyro bottle lol.

Gonna make some tomorrow! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• direy25direy25 member
    Dang it, now I want pecan pie - this is also my favorite. My mom always used to make it for Thanksgiving but I've never attempted it.
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• NNGnomeNNGnome member

imagedirey25:
    Dang it, now I want pecan pie - this is also my favorite. My mom always used to make it for Thanksgiving but I've never attempted it.

This is exactly me, I miss it, I may have to try and make it this weekend, if I can get my mum to send my the recipe

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• I'll meet you half way. I have peanut butter cookies in the freezer. Haha!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagestaceymack:
    I'll meet you half way. I have peanut butter cookies in the freezer. Haha!

Sounds good! I'll see you in about an hour!! Mobile smiley!

• Waaaaa! You sucked me in! I had to check if you saw me whine and I got stuck reading on.... Whyyyyyyyy?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNNGnome:

imagedirey25:

This is exactly me, I miss it, I may have to try and make it this weekend, if I can get my mum to send my the recipe

I use the one on the back of the Kayro (Kyro) whichever lol, syrup bottle. Taste good too!.    

Or you can cheat and get this 

https://weikelfoods.com/pieinabottle/making_pies.htm

• imageMallardDucky:
    imageNNGnome:

imagedirey25:

I use the one on the back of the Kayro (Kyro) whichever lol, syrup bottle. Taste good too!.    

Or you can cheat and get this 

https://weikelfoods.com/pieinabottle/making_pies.htm

I use the one on the Karo syrup bottle too. It's incredibly easy to make. It takes about as much effort as making a pan of brownies.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"