May 2013 Moms

2u2 moms

FTM here. It took DH and I 3 years to achieve this pregnancy. As a result I'm AMA. DH feels like this needs to be our only child due to our ages. We are the same age his parents were when they had him and we lost them both last year.

As an only child myself I would like a sibling for DS. If there is any chance at all of having another it would need to be getting pregnant this year.

For those with 2u2 how are you adjusting? Is it easier or harder than you expected?

DH is pretty set on being done but I want to have the conversation so your thoughts are appreciated! I guess I'm just worried about handling 2u2.

Edit for clarity

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #2:
March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

Re: 2u2 moms

• Mine are 22 months apart.  We were surprised and wanted them more about 3 years apart.  I won't lie so far it has been an adjustment.  

My toddler is entering a super whiney phase and is insanely clingy.  Honestly she cries and throws fits more than the newborn does.  I think it would have been easier if they were even closer together in age or farther apart but since I really don't have anything to compare it to I don't know that for sure.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My boys are almost 19 months apart. It has been an adjustment. DS1 is still very much a baby didn't initially understand what was going on. It''s really rough sometimes to make sure each boy gets the time attention they need. Sometimes I have to prioritize what gets done and it's rough if someone is upset.

My almost 20 month old has been more clingy and lovey than normal, but he seems to like watching his little brother. DS2 was a surprise but watching the 2 of them I wouldn't have it any other way. I think they will be really close.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • It took us 3 years to have DS.  DD is 17 months younger.  We've been home one week, we're still in transition, but I think it will be fine in another few weeks.  I'm glad we've had another close - it doesn't feel like we've had to shift gears much since we're still so close to the first round of baby days.

• I'm only a week in, but have a newborn and a 14 month old. I had a much easier pregnancy this tine around. There were times it was difficult being pregnant with a baby, but it wasnt horrible. I can see that we will have some difficulties now, but the first week has been much easier than I thought. My DD is in daycare this week, so that has made it easier. I will be a SAHM for the next seven months. I expect my ups and downs through that!! My DH is very hands on, and that helps. I would make sure you and DH are definitely in the same page. It is not a guarantee that you will get pregnant quickly. Therefore, the longer you wait, the farther apart they might be.
  • Thanks ladies. I do worry about working full time and the prospect of two LOs. My mom will be watching Jameson and says she would watch two but that seems like a lot.

It just hard to think about not having another... Never feeling those little flutters in my belly.... Or having this time again with a newborn.... Appreciate all your responses!

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• aanchoraanchor member
    Today is probably not a good day to answer this because I am going out of my mind!

They are 22 months apart and it has been tough. The past few days have been especially challenging as my toddler has all of a sudden turned into a demon child j/k, kind of. We planned for our kids to be about 2 years apart and I know it will be awesome one day bit for now we are in survival mode.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • emjayrnemjayrn member
    Mine are 19 months apart. We have good days and bad days. LO is 4 weeks now and we are having more good days than bad lately. I do have my nanny 3 mornings a week so I can spend some time with my older one alone, we go for a walk or to the park without his sister. All in all, it's crazy, but wonderful.
  • I have twin girls who turned 2 on April 15 and their brother was born April 21, so my three kiddos are 2 years and 6dats apart. There are definitely days when it is crazy and days when it is fantastic. I am a SAHM with a teacher/coach husband, so I have been alone a lot with them. My saving grace is a moms group I joined and the fact that I feel like I owe it to my older girls to continue our activities. For me the hardest part is dealing with infant wakings at night and not always being able to nap when my two year olds do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"