Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

15 month old sleep regression? Long

Hi ladies! I mostly lurk on this board and frequent the high risk and sept 2013 boards. But I have a question regarding my 15 month old ds. He has always been a wonderful sleeper, and I'm afraid dh and I are a bit spoiled bc of it. We did the CIO method with him around 9 months, took a week of fussing and he has been a solid 7 to 7 sleeper for the most part since. Now he is just 15 months old and has begun to wake himself 1 or 2 times a night crying. We have had a lot of friends and family staying over as I'm currently on mbr for pregnancy complications, so I began to go in to get him his binkie and soothe him so he wouldnt wake our guests. I'm wondering if that may be where I went wrong. He is now waking up between 445 and 530 every morning and refusing to go back to bed! He is crying inconsolably and grabs onto your neck and refuses to let go. It's heartbreaking! We have tried letting him stay in his crib until 6, whether he is fussy or just talking, but when we go in, he is still exhausted. He wants to get up, have a snack and some water, play a bit and then go down for his first nap by 7... He is yawning the whole time he is up, so I know he is still tired, but what do I do? I'm not sure if I need to just be more strict about going back to the CIO or if he is going through a normal sleep progression or could be just be really hungry or thirsty and just needs a snack before going back to bed? I should add that he has only been doing this about a week or so, while we have had people staying with us for over 7 weeks, so I don't think it's related to other people being around... He is also cutting two molars, but has been working on those for several weeks. He is still taking two, 2 hour naps... Maybe I need to cut those down? Could he be getting too much sleep during the day? Sorry for the novel ladies, if you've made it this far, I really appreciate you taking the time! Any ideas, suggestions, encouragement are much appreciated!

Re: 15 month old sleep regression? Long

• I have been dealing with the same stuff over the last few weeks, a little early considering DS is 14 months old. He wakes up a few times a night and moans and talks for like 15 minutes then eventually goes back to sleep. However, he wakes up at 5am, like PP said. We feed him and try to put him back down to sleep but it NEVER works. He always just lies there and cries - I don't let him cry long. He is still SO exhausted though. His naps are all wonky and he hasn't been sleeping longer than an hour or so. I think it is just a phase he is going through - or it is him teething because he has been drooling constantly and stuffing everything he touches in his mouth. Hopefully they get the hang of it soon but every baby is different! : )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"