3rd Trimester

Hernia?

I recently notice a bulge around my panty line. It isn't painful but is noticeable. I have an appointment in a week that I will ask my midwife. Have any moms had experience with this? I hope it doesn't effect my labor and delivery because I'm planning an unmediated birth if at all possible. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image image

Re: Hernia?

• I have a pretty bad hernia. It sucks and it hurts like crazy. I was going to try for no epi but that's pretty much out the window now. There's just no way I can push and strain effectively without doing more damage to the hernia and I would rather have an epi than a c/s. It's definitely possible to get a hernia during pregnancy. I didn't have one prior and my doc said yesterday that she wants me to have a cat scan after I deliver to determine how to move forward and fix it. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • It depends on the type of bulge. I have a horizontal bulge at about my panty line level. It appears to be a bump on the connecting tissue between the sections of my abdominal rectus muscle. I've done some soft tissue massage on it and the bump has subsided some. Many women get horizontal splitting of abdominal rectus muscles. A horizontal bulge could be from the same type of stretching pressure as causes the horizontal splitting. Now, I turn onto my side and push up with my arms to get up from laying down. 

I hope you doctor can figure it out. I am going to ask my doctor at my next appointment in another 2 weeks.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"