Cloth Diapering

started daycare

we started daycare this week. :( other than all the typical mom sadness about leaving my baby, I'm also sad that they don't do cloth diapers.I plan to bring some in to demonstrate how easy it is, but I'm not optimistic they will be convinced.

I'm wondering what to do about my super small loads now. Usually we get home around 5 and I put a diaper on him. Then change him into his overnight diaper at 8. Then he doesn't get another one til he wakes up in the morning when I put a sposie on him for daycare. 2 dipes a day! That's hardly worth washing. How many days can I let them accumulate before washing do you think? How small of a load is too small?

(As for why we chose a daycare that doesn't do cloth - it's at my work, which means I get to go breastfeed him every day on my lunch break. That's a big perk in my eyes.)

Re: started daycare

• He's almost 3 months. He usually sleeps all night, but even if he doesn't I've stopped changing him MOTN.

That's worth considering using one more cloth in the morning. It would only be on for ~1 hr or slightly less. Daycare would just have to be "ok" with me leaving the dirty there during the day I guess. Maybe I'll try next week and see what happens!

• You said the daycare is at your work. What is their reasoning for not allowing CD?

I don't have experience yet, but do they potentially have the ability to change their decision if they see how it's nbd?

I like the idea of your changing him out of cloth when you get there. Could you also do changes when you breast feed and use cloth then? I'm not sure what your schedule is like.

I wouldn't push too hard all at once, but maybe slowly show the diapers and the ease of use and that you are commuted to them.
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO goes through a lot less diapers now that he's a bit older.  I wash every 3 days.  They get a bit stinky, but I leave them zipped up in a wet bag so the room doesn't smell.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I showed one to his teacher at lunch today, and she said she wouldn't mind doing it if the director said it was ok. I will ask her next week. When I first toured the facility while pregnant, it was director who laughed and said no when I asked about cloth diapers. So we will see. Maybe when she sees it she'll be willing to let us try it. But maybe she's already made up her mind...
  • imagemon.petit.chou:
    I showed one to his teacher at lunch today, and she said she wouldn't mind doing it if the director said it was ok. I will ask her next week. When I first toured the facility while pregnant, it was director who laughed and said no when I asked about cloth diapers. So we will see. Maybe when she sees it she'll be willing to let us try it. But maybe she's already made up her mind...

That's awesome the teacher seems open to it. The director shouldn't care if she's not the one changing them!

Fingers crossed for you!

Have you looked up the laws in your state to make sure they "should" be accepted? It might be nice just to have the information for the director when the time comes for further discussion.
  • imagemon.petit.chou:
    He's almost 3 months. He usually sleeps all night, but even if he doesn't I've stopped changing him MOTN.
    That's worth considering using one more cloth in the morning. It would only be on for 1 hr or slightly less.nbsp;Daycare would just have to be "ok" with me leaving the dirty there during the day I guess. Maybe I'll try next week and see what happens!

You don't have to leave the dirty diaper there. You could just put in in a small wet bag and put it in your purse or car and wash it later. Just a thought.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How would your DC feel about you taking him in the morning in cloth? Our DC doesn't like cloth, but I will take her in one, and when they change her they just put it in a plastic bag.

We have super small loads now that DD is potty training. She typically only has 2 diapers a day, some days only a nighttime diaper as she's been refusing a diaper for naps. I collect all the bathroom hand towels, and washcloths and wash them with the cloth diapers every three days. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"