November 2013 Moms
Options

I know everyone is sick of this but...

Ok I apologize in advance because I know everyone is totally sick of these posts because I know I am!!! But now I'm the paranoid one.
I'm a nurse and I'm working a 12 hr shift. The past hour I have been having really bad cramps on my left lower side where I found the baby on the Doppler last night. I know it's not bowel cramps for sure but I kind of want some confirmation that this is RLP. I've little stretch feelings now and then but aside from that I don't really know what to expect when people talk about RLP as I'm a ftm.
Again sorry for the repetitive post!

Re: I know everyone is sick of this but...

• Options
    Probably RLP and will get worse the further along you get. Call your OB if you're really worried.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    I totally understand, pains can be scary and its nice to get reassurance sometimes!! It sounds like the round ligament pain.. But I'm defiantly the "better be safe then sorry type people" Could you maybe act a doctor that you work with? Or make a quick appointment with your OB? Hope you feel better!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't work with a doctor because I work in a nursing home. I'm in Canada so it's not as easy to call my Dr. I rested for a bit and it seems to have gotten better. It's turned into more of a tightness on my left side
  • Options
    You probably just need to rest for a bit. I'm an RN working 12h night shifts in an ED. I asked my OBGYN what my restrictions are and he told me to listen to my body it will tell me when something is too heavy or I'm working too hard. Highly unlikely that its something serious and though I don't want to seem like too much of a negative nancy, but this early in the pregnancy if there we're complications such as contractions or early labor, there isn't too much that can be done for it. If you notice you're having cramps, sit down, drink some water, take a Tylenol. And if you're really concerned and need to know, you can just go to the ED check yourself in and get an ultrasound, but probably the only thing they will tell you is that you are or are not having a miscarriage.
  • Options
    Thanks! I know I shouldn't get so freaked out it's just all so new to me I don't know what to expect!
  • Options
    I work as a nurse too.. I am 16 weeks and FTM and find that if I am up standing too long I get pain/pressure in my right side down low. usually goes away after I sit for a bit. It actually feels like the baby just moves there an sits. Sometimes if I press on the spot it helps too. Just make sure you are taking rest breaks and water breaks. If there is any spotting or anything other than the pain call your ob
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"