Multiples

When did you twin mommas have another baby?

Would love to hear your responses! What did you like about your age gaps? Thanks!

https://inthisjoyfullife.blogspot.com  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did you twin mommas have another baby?

• I'm not going to.
  • I'd love to have another when the girls are 3 or so, but it's unlikely.  We won't do IVF again and DH only wants 2.  Given how complicated this pregnancy has been, we may be done after this.  
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm interested in the answers to this too. In a perfect world, we would wait until our twins are 2-3 and potty trained, but I am 37.5 and don't want to wait too much longer, even though we have frozen embryos. That said, I have no idea how we would pay for childcare so we may be done.

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've definitely considered trying for 3 -- even after all we've been through. But, we'd have to have some serious discussions with my OB, likely seek out an MFM for a discussion (and I'd be sure we'd see him/her our entire pregnancy, since no one knows what caused our pPROM in the first place) ....

... that, and until I wean, we won't know if AF comes back normally, or if it looks like we'd need to go through IF treatments again. THAT would be a major determining factor -- I'm pretty sure I don't want to end up with twins a second time around!

Lots to think about, but we've got lots of time to decide -- I turn 30 this year, so we're a couple of years out from actively going down that road again. 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • palm513palm513 member

we got pregnant again at 10 months.... I wouldn't recommend it though going through the stating to walk stage preggers is murder and then potty training two with a new born I am sure is going to be about the same way. 

• ks3pinkks3pink member
    If we were going to I'd say when they are about 4. But I had my tubes tied so no more babies for us.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mirnbmirnb member
    We decided to wait until our boys were 1.5 (just this month!) and then see what happens....I think it is different for every family but we wanted our kids to be close in age as this will probably be our last one!
  • We had initially agreed we would TTC again when the boys were 2.5-3. However, they're coming up on 4.5 and DH still hasn't felt up for having a third. (And frankly, after how crazy my boys have been this week, I'm not right now either. ;) ) I think looking back, ideally I would've had a third right around when the boys turned 4 or possibly this fall when they are starting Pre-K. Sounds heavenly to have 5 mornings a week with just one baby and the baby would be 9m and hopefully STTN by the time PreK was done for the summer. ;)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I would love to have another baby-- but ideally I would want to wait until they were two or three- potty trained... That is just me though!
  • imageReilly626:
    I'm not going to.

Ditto!   

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm 13w pg with number 3.  My twins will be 2 next month and be about 2.5 when the baby comes.  We planned it this way, as both pregnancies were FETs. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ivee4Ivee4 member
    My DD was almost 2.5 when our spontaneous twins were born.  We are throwing around 4th (horrible to say but I want to try for that boy) I asked my doctor and she said once the twins turned one it would be safe to try.  I am thinking that will probably be when we start if we decide to.  I want to get the baby phase over so I am not holding all the baby items waiting to get pregnant again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • SkyBeeSkyBee member
    We want to try when they are 1 to 1.5 but we will see when we get there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a triplet Momma, but we had #4 when the trio were almost 2 1/2. It has been great. We are trying for #5 now...should it work out, the trio will be 5 1/2 and my singleton will be 3.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • imageShopperKristi:

imageReilly626:
    I'm not going to.

Ditto!   

Yup.
    TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"