1st Trimester

Hcg blood level testing

What is the average level at 5 weeks?

Re: Hcg blood level testing

• My doctor said my hcg level was an 82 is that too low I was 5weeks and 3day when I got blood work done... ??
  • The levels vary SO much.  One test cannot tell you anything.  It's how they are rising is what's important

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • He didn't really say much he just said to get it redone but that it was a bit low and he told me to make my first ob appt since I've gotten 4 positive hpt.
  • It falls within the normal range for how far along you are. The number doesn't matter as much as the fact that it doubles every 48 hours (or longer the higher your numbers get). 

I went through an hcg nightmare, so I understand how scary it can be. I had positive thoughts and prayed a lot and everything turned out ok.  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm also having some spotting usually in the mornings... Lately it's been brown but this morning it's was a bit more to the red side... Is this normal... I called my doctor but they never returned my call.
  • imageDtorress88:
    I'm also having some spotting usually in the mornings... Lately it's been brown but this morning it's was a bit more to the red side... Is this normal... I called my doctor but they never returned my call.

Are you going back for a second draw after 48 hours?  The initial draw doesn't matter as much as the fact that they double. Also, some spotting is normal. Hang in there hun, hopefully you hear back from your doc soon! 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• KingLEDKingLED member

imageDtorress88:
    My doctor said my hcg level was an 82 is that too low I was 5weeks and 3day when I got blood work done... ??

It falls within range.  BUT it's good to remember that your numbers started on the lower end.  Because when/if hcg is tested again in a few weeks and you end up behind the 'average' it's not a big deal.  Your numbers started lower.  At right around 5 wks mine was around 200, not super low, but definitely on the lower end for a lot of those charts.  Well, when I had it drawn at 8 wks it was around 45,000.  Which falls outside the range on those charts, but is COMPLETELY NORMAL because I started on the lower end.  Just thought I'd let you know so you don't worry later when/if it happens.

Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"