Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

10 weeks and no crib yet

Since Tucker has come home, he has slept in a rock and play sleeper at night  But during the day either in the sleeper or now in his swing, which he sleeps great in both and will sleep for an hour+. I have tried multiple  times to get him to sleep in his crib (shut the curtains, white noise, etc) and nothing seems to work the longest he has lasted is about 45mins and that was only twice. I am totally good with him sleeping in our room at night but at the same time he wont sleep in his pack and play in our room either only the sleeper. Is it sleeping flat on his back the problem?

I am trying to get a routine going that both he and I can adjust but I believe that sleeping in his crib is apart of that. Am I over thinking it or should he be sleeping in his room in his crib everynight/day, do I have time to make the change to his crib? Any advice would be helpfull

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 10 weeks and no crib yet

• Options
    I don't have any advice but we are the exact opposite of you. DD only deep sleeps in her crib. If we put her in her swing or in her pNp she can only sleep for 10 mins. We took her pNp camping this past weekend and she actually slept in it through the night for the first time but never during the day. She has to be swaddled super duper tight to sleep though. Maybe try swaddling tight.
  • Options
    Leni410Leni410 member
    We kinda had the same issue.. DD started out sleeping in the bassinet attachment of the pnp well she got to the point where she was to long for it so we tried to transition her into the full part of the pnp and she wouldn't have it! It was 3 days of pure hell when I broke down and reattached the bassinet. We let another week go by and tried again and she adjusted just fine. I don't think she was ready the first time we tried.. or she just got tired of being squished in the bassinet. So my only advise would be to keep trying!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby loves sleeping in her bouncy seat but was uncomfortable with her crib until we put a small wedge-shaped pillow under the mattress.  It raises her head up slightly so she's not flat on her back and she sleeps much much better than if I try to put her flat on her back.  Also swaddling helps a great deal as well but my daughter is only 8 days old so it may not work as well for a 10 week old, I'm not sure, first time mom so everything's been trial and error for me :)
  • Options

We havent tried our son in his crib yet, but I think it might be an issue when we do because of the whole flat on his back thing. He currently sleeps in a bassinet but propped up on a boppy pillow. The first few nights we were home we tried just flat on his back on the bassinet and it didnt work. Once I put the boppy in there for him, it has been a breeze. Maybe you could try the wedge pillow like PP said.

Also, I dont think it's a big deal that he's not sleeping in the crib yet. Our son is 7 weeks and we plan to keep him in the bassinet until he get too big or starts to roll over because it could be a safety issue then.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We just transitioned our LO to the crib at 12 weeks.  I had put him in there a few times but wasn't very consistent.  The first night he slept there only 2 hours and was awake.  The next night he made it til 3 in the morning for his usual MOTN feeding and we've been good since then!  After the feeding, I still put him in the RNP or swing in our room though. I know he'll fall back asleep easily in those & I want some sleep!  I've noticed it takes him 15-30 min. to settle in when we put him in the crib.  I know he needs to be able to sleep flat when he goes to daycare & will nap in a pack-n-play.  I would say just keep trying - even if it's a short amount of time.  Oh, and we switched from swaddling him (because he kept kicking out of it) to the Halo Sleep Sack.  He stays warm & can kick around. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our first step was to move the whole RnP to his room and so he could get used to the sights and sounds, we parked it right next to the crib.  This weekend we are going to prop his crib mattress and try the crib.  Step 1 worked really well, he's STTN, we'll see about the next part.  Good luck to you!
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Have you tried swaddling him?

We started putting DD in her crib at about 6 weeks. It was hard at first and she would only sleep for about 15 minutes before she woke up screaming. We kept at it and though she is still not STTN, she does sleep for 3-4 hours in her crib these days. I swaddle her at night after a bath and feeding before putting her down. Also you can try putting there for naps during the day to get him used to it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Options
    I had have exactly the same problem. He hated his crib and would only sleep in the rocker at night. Around 7 weeks, I moved the rocker to his room at night for about a week. Then I elevated his mattress on one end and put my breast pillow in the crib where his feet would go to kind of create a snug place for him. I gradually removed these things over the next few weeks and by 10 weeks he was good to go. Still not STTN but at least he was in his crib! :
    Now nap time is a WHOLE other story, still hates his crib for that. I welcome any recommendations for that! :
  • Options
    45 minute naps? I'm jealous...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

My little one is 7 weeks today, when she came home from the hospital shee slept in her bassinette on top of the PNP, but when she got to tall for it we tried the PNP but she would only sleep for 15 mins or so when we put her on her back. Then we tried puting her on her stomach and she slept for and hour then 3 hours.

Shestill sleeps on her stomach but we watch her like a hawk,at first she would wake up @ 2:00 every morning but for the pass couple of days she sleeps till about 5:00am.

• Options
    UberBizUberBiz member

I'll echo the swaddling. I don't even know if it's the reason he sleeps well in his pnp, but during the day he usually sleeps in the bouncy seat. We've started putting him in his bassinet (we keep that downstairs) during the day and  he'll go for quite a awhile but only if he's already asleep. At night I swaddle him and lay him in the pack n play.

also, I'm not sure if it actually helps or not, but I got a quilted sheet for the pnp, so it's a little softer than cardboard, and then I lay down a folded fleece blanket (so it reaches edge to edge of the pnp) just to give him a little more cushion. I wouldn't want to sleep flat on my back on a piece of cardboard after being snuggled inside my belly for 9 months! It's unnatural! But after swaddling him and the cushion of the blanket under him, he is generally good for the night. (Not STTN, but I mean like, for the 3hrs he'll go before eating again).

He actually sleeps best curled up next to me in bed, but FI is too nervous about squashing him..

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"