October 2012 Moms

How are my bottle refusers/refluxers?

I know that several us still battle with bottle refusal due to reflux and other issues. How are all of your little ones doing? Learned any new tricks to help? How are solids going?

Max is still a bottle hater and every feeding is a struggle. He's at 15mg of Prilosec and doesn't do that well with purees either. I think that he just hates being fed. He does well with finger foods and things that he can hold on his own, so I'm hopeful that as we transition over to more "real food" things will get easier. I just ordered "GelMix" to use as a thickener for his Alimentum and it should be here in a few days. I'm hopeful that it will help make eating more comfortable, but doubtful. Hope everyone else is doing well!

M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How are my bottle refusers/refluxers?

• I'm sorry to hear it's still a struggle for your little man.  Hoping the gelmix helps.  I read somewhere (forgot where) that reflux babies do better with real food and I hope this is the case with you.  Hang in there!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've said that a few times on this board. My pedi warned ua before starting solids. Luckily we only had a problem in the beginning. Sorry your LO is still having a hard time eating. For us, the only thing that worked was her being put on prilosec, 2.5 ml?. Have you tried different meds or combinations? Or have you seen a GI? If I were you, I'd just do BLW. Maybe get some more nutrients in him. Have you tried nutramigen? Its enfamils version of alimentum? Or neocate [can't remember if that's the name] ?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"