1st Trimester

BFP with #2 intro

I've been swept with a broom from the TTC board for being a "drive-by", but here goes nothing...Six cycles later and we have a BFP at 12 DPO. The first response early response showed two very clean lines, while my wondfos barely showed anything even with squinting. I have a toddler, so this is my second time at pregnancy. DH and I are thrilled :) Gosh what else... I'm on fertility friend and I've been using them to track fertility. I've tried temping, which helped, but this cycle I paid A LOT of attention to cervical mucus which really tipped me off more than the temperature this time around.
Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!

Re: BFP with #2 intro

• Yeah, that was really inconsiderate to do that to TTGP. I think you should apologize. There are many grads here that still lurk and don't appreciate folks rubbing their BFP's in TTGP's face when they've never offer support/encouragement to that board. 

That being said, congratulations and welcome. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagePrimRoseMama:
    Yeah, that was really inconsiderate to do that to TTGP. I think you should apologize. There are many grads here that still lurk and don't appreciate folks rubbing their BFP's in TTGP's face when they've never offer support/encouragement to that board. 

I've offered them support, really! I prayed for all of them last night too.

Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats and welcome! I am expecting baby 2 also!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 6 cycles is hardly a drive by. I only lurked because I know the reaction they have when someone gets pregnant, pure rage and jealousy, and a lot of pouting, they would really hate me, this was my 1st cycle and I'm hoping only cycle. Things are iffy right now on whether I'll be back there lurking or staying here in 1st tri for a while.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageWookieesCookies:
    6 cycles is hardly a drive by. I only lurked because I know the reaction they have when someone gets pregnant, pure rage and jealousy, and a lot of pouting, they would really hate me, this was my 1st cycle and I'm hoping only cycle..

6 cycles of lurking and not posting is most definitely a drive by. Sorry. 

Wait, WTF? The OP didn't offer active, involved encouragement. I still lurk. A lot. I promise that if I don't recognize her then she's a drive by and its rude. If OP really offered the support she claims then no matter how long her stay (I was only there for 3 months actively TTC and got plenty of congrats on my BFP).  then she would have gotten very sincere congratulations.

Again, your 10 posts doesn't speak to you knowing how TTGP actually works or the community. Absolutely no one has "pure rage and jealousy" when an active, supportive member gets pregnant. That is absolutely preposterous and mean spirited to say. 

Lastly, it really doesn't make sense that they would "hate you". They don't know you and hate is a really strong word. There are plenty of regulars that participate and support others that have gotten pg on their first cycle. If you support then you get supported. Shoot, I even had a rocky reputation over there sometimes and I got congratulated tons. 

You are really really really off base here.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• imageRedPeppah:

imagePrimRoseMama:
    Yeah, that was really inconsiderate to do that to TTGP. I think you should apologize. There are many grads here that still lurk and don't appreciate folks rubbing their BFP's in TTGP's face when they've never offer support/encouragement to that board. 

I've offered them support, really! I prayed for all of them last night too.

Here is your posting history since Feb.
    You answered a total of 7 posts with "support". You did not participate in the daily threads that are meant to get to know other posters and the rest of your posts are posts that you started. That is not supportive at all. Sorry. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• imagePrimRoseMama:

imageWookieesCookies:
    6 cycles is hardly a drive by. I only lurked because I know the reaction they have when someone gets pregnant, pure rage and jealousy, and a lot of pouting, they would really hate me, this was my 1st cycle and I'm hoping only cycle..

6 cycles of lurking and not posting is most definitely a drive by. Sorry. 

Wait, WTF? The OP didn't offer active, involved encouragement. I still lurk. A lot. I promise that if I don't recognize her then she's a drive by and its rude. If OP really offered the support she claims then no matter how long her stay (I was only there for 3 months actively TTC and got plenty of congrats on my BFP).  then she would have gotten very sincere congratulations.

Again, your 10 posts doesn't speak to you knowing how TTGP actually works or the community. Absolutely no one has "pure rage and jealousy" when an active, supportive member gets pregnant. That is absolutely preposterous and mean spirited to say. 

Lastly, it really doesn't make sense that they would "hate you". They don't know you and hate is a really strong word. There are plenty of regulars that participate and support others that have gotten pg on their first cycle. If you support then you get supported. Shoot, I even had a rocky reputation over there sometimes and I got congratulated tons. 

You are really really really off base here.  

I agree, Prim.  I was on TTGP for 9 months before I got my BFP, and I didn't even consider myself a "regular" or super active poster. But I contributed, offered advice/congratulations/etc.  When I got my BFP I got nothing but support and well wishes.  Plus OP, a lot of us here were on TTGP so I think it's really rude to start off  your intro with a comment like that...

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageWookieesCookies:
    6 cycles is hardly a drive by. I only lurked because I know the reaction they have when someone gets pregnant, pure rage and jealousy, and a lot of pouting, they would really hate me, this was my 1st cycle and I'm hoping only cycle. Things are iffy right now on whether I'll be back there lurking or staying here in 1st tri for a while.

You're right and wrong. I tried for six cycles and wasnt a drive by. However, I was offered sincere congratulations. Because TTGP KNEW me.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AjoydAjoyd member

imageWookieesCookies:
    6 cycles is hardly a drive by. I only lurked because I know the reaction they have when someone gets pregnant, pure rage and jealousy, and a lot of pouting, they would really hate me, this was my 1st cycle and I'm hoping only cycle. Things are iffy right now on whether I'll be back there lurking or staying here in 1st tri for a while.

You are an asshat on so many levels.

A BFP post with a post count like OP's is USUALLY a drive by.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • imagereenielynn:

I tried for 5 cycles and was not a drive by, do you know why? I POSTED for those 5 cycles. I got to know the other women, and they got to know me. We were acommunity for the 7 months I was there.

If you had truly gotten to know the amazing ladies there, you would know what they wanted to see in a BFP post. A paragraph doesn't cut it. Details, all the dirty details. If you don't even know that, you don't know the board.

Yep. This is always a classic sign that someone didn't lurk, even if they claim they did.

And Prim is right. 7 supportive posts does not an active poster make. 

• To try to explain or not try to explain?  Ok. I'll try.

You invested next to nothing into that community. You lurked for your own amusement and gain, barely offering any support to anyone there.  Then when you got your bfp, and you announced it to a group of women who are already coping every cycle with the disappointment of bfns. What honestly did you expect? 

Our family is complete!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"