Preemies

Looking for insight.

AWLMAWLM member

Why hello there :) I used to be a frequent poster years ago but have since made a new log in.

I have a question and was hoping someone could relate and share their experience. I have had high BP since I was 14. My pregnancy was well monitored and at 34 weeks pregnant I had to have an emergency C-section due to my high blood pressure. I have done a ton of research but I would love to hear from other ladies that have dealt with PreE. My doctor believes that I have a real shot of being full term in a future pregnancy with out complications. I was hoping to see if anyone has experience with having severe PreE but having a great pregnancy the second time. I very much would love to have another child but my DH is so traumatized over our last experience that he will not consider it. I am very respectful of that but also feel a deep desire to grow our family. I would never consider risking myself or a future baby but feel based on what my doctor told me it is highly likely I would experience no complications. I am doing a ton of research but would love to hear some success stories to share with DH to ease his mind.

Sorry for the TL;DR.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Re: Looking for insight.

• AWLMAWLM member
    Hey girl! I am glad you noticed me :) Thanks for answering even though you are in a different situation. About a year ago I went to my annual OB (who monitored my last pregnancy and was familiar) and received the information above from him. DH was not there but said that he is too scared of the unknown. We are actually sitting in bed chatting about it now and I just read what you wrote to him and he seemed like that would be something he would do. I understand why he is scared. I am too. However, with extra care on top of all the precautions they took last time I think things would be completely different. Or I can hope. Thanks again :)
  • AWLMAWLM member
    Thank you so much! This is not something we are jumping right into. We are talking everything through and I am taking extra steps just in case my DH changes his mind. My main reason for loosing weight is in hopes that I will be in tip top shape (which I hope will help lowed my BP)  if there ever comes a time when DH would like to TTC!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello.  I don't have an answer for you (sorry!) but I wanted to say thanks for asking this question, because I've been wondering the same thing.  I've never had high BP, but also was diagnosed with PreE and ended up having a C Section at 34 weeks 6 days, so I can relate to that part.  Little guy is 8 weeks old (2 weeks adjusted) now and doing well, and I have no immediate plans to have another, but I'm thinking it would be nice to try again in a couple years.  I worry, though, that the same thing will happen, which is a very scary thought.  Glad I am not alone in wondering about what might happen with a second baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"