Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Naps Away

When visiting family members etc. where do you put your babies down to nap? We have a pack n play but J has never slept in it before and I'm not sure how he'd do.  We also have to incline for reflux so I was wondering if there's a better product out there since our PnP has wheels.

Re: Naps Away

• Options

We recently went away for the first time since DD was really little. I was also nervous because she had never slept in the PNP, but she did great! I was very pleasantly surprised! I brought along our white noise machine and the FP seahorse that's in her crib every night, so maybe those things helped. My back-up plan was to sleep with her on the floor. I really didn't think she'd sleep in the PNP!

As for the incline, I'm guessing you can put a small towel or something under one end of the PNP mattress to prop it up a little.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I too was nervous when we took our first vacation last month.  We stayed at ILs for 2 nights and a hotel for 2 nights.  At ILs, DS slept in our PnP.  At the hotel, he slept in the PnP provided by the hotel.

Like your DS, mine had never slept in the PnP before, so 3 days before our trip, I put him in the PnP for naps during the day.  He had no trouble napping there at all, and he slept well at my ILs.  I took our PnP sheet w/us to the hotel and used it instead of the one provided by the hotel.  DS napped and slept the same as he did at home.

Can't help w/the incline issue. 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have always used the pnp.

• Options
    We always use the PnP, or let our LO's sleep with us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options

We have used the PNP provided by the hotel with limited success. He had never slept in one either and he woke up more often then normal. Also, this is kinda funny, at home we always have used solid color sheets, the hotel had an animal pattern sheet and when he would wake up he kept trying to grab at the animals printed on the sheets.

When visiting family members we either have him sleep in the car seat or on a couch with supervision. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Feb 2016 Siggy Challenge, Favorite Thing About Fall
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We bring our PNP and LO naps in there.  She had never napped in a PNP until about 5 months, and the transition went smoothly.  If you are worried, you could try having LO nap in it at home in their room so everything else is familiar.

Not sure about the reflux/incline-- the mattress has those folds in it so I don't know if you could prop it up safely/comfortably.  My advice would be to make sure LO doesn't eat a full half-hour before a nap to try and minimize the reflux.

And in terms of other products, I think PNP is the pretty standard portable napper.

• Options

We have little luck with her sleeping outside of our house or daycare - but I think thats my baby's issue - not necessarily a normal thing.

To incline - you could put some books or something equally as solid under the two feet of the pnp at the end your little one should elevate.. (make sense - so book on the floor - pnp foot on book) - just make sure its solid if LO rolls around. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"