Blended Families

Every visitation she attempts to pull something ...

Every single time SS is to come for visitation BM pulls something to prevent him from coming. Nothing like a court intervention, but petty stuff. One year it was "SS doesn't want to come so I'm going to respect his wishes and not make him get on the plane with xMIL." He did come bc DH said if he didn't then he would take her to court to ensure she paid him back for the tickets. The next year she said she was afraid she was going to have to ground him for acting out and she didn't want to reward him with a "trip to Hawaii." That is where we lived at the time. Well DH is on Guam right now and there flight leaves in seven hours. BM calls and asks DH if he can just let SS stay a few more days. Ummm no. DH wants his full visitation with SS and on top of that the airline fees to change flights would be outrageous. I am so tired of her pulling something every year. It never goes anywhere, but its annoying that she tries every time. I'm hoping the pick up goes well and DH doesn't miss his flight.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Every visitation she attempts to pull something ...

• Try to change your mentality for next time and make it into a joke and try to guess what she will try next and if hers is better or worse than what you thought of.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imageJNL$LSM:
    Ugh she sucks, even though my BD was a douche ball my Mom always put us on that plane with a smile on her face. WHY? Because it was the right thing to do. I hope your DH does not miss his flight. Can he get DS a little early?
    He wanted to take SS the night before so he could make sure they were early enough to go through customs thanks to the international flights. But BM said DH's visitation started on 1 June so she would meet him at the airport with SS. I understand her wanting to see SS off, but two things worry me. Her comments and the fact she is notorious for being late.

• Loading the player...
  • imageLittlejen22:
    Try to change your mentality for next time and make it into a joke and try to guess what she will try next and if hers is better or worse than what you thought of.
    Haha make it a game? Ok. Well its hard to out crazy her so I'll probably "lose" every time. You know what makes me side eye her? She asked DH infront of his family if he wanted to go to dinner and get drinks with her. He declined and she said "well its clear you and your wife are having problems since she didn't come to Guam with you, so I thought I'd ask." ummm This pregnant lady was NOT going to travel a total of 54 hours to stay on island for three days and shell out an additional $2,500 it would have cost when DH is perfectly able to do so.

• Wow. I can't believe she even had the nerve to say that to your DH. Fingers crossed she gets SS to the airport on time. I'm betting she will since she not want to pay for new flights. Try not to stress too much. I know that is way easier said then done!
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu
  • hopankahopanka member
    Wow...can you imagine how she embarrassed herself in front of all that family? They all must think she is a total pathetic loser.
  • imagehopanka:
    Wow...can you imagine how she embarrassed herself in front of all that family? They all must think she is a total pathetic loser.
    The general consensus is that even after almost 6.5 years of DH and I being together, she just isn't over him.

• imageJNL$LSM:

image*HiS ChAmAoLe GiRL*:
    imageJNL$LSM:
    Ugh she sucks, even though my BD was a douche ball my Mom always put us on that plane with a smile on her face. WHY? Because it was the right thing to do. I hope your DH does not miss his flight. Can he get DS a little early?
    He wanted to take SS the night before so he could make sure they were early enough to go through customs thanks to the international flights. But BM said DH's visitation started on 1 June so she would meet him at the airport with SS. I understand her wanting to see SS off, but two things worry me. Her comments and the fact she is notorious for being late.

If visitation starts on June 1, if I was DH I would be at her house at 12:01 am when it starts. Not trying to be a butt, but I would not and do not trust her and I do not know her. Or if she wants to be at the airport fine, I will meet you at your house and follow you to the airport.

That is a good idea. It is in on the way to the airport so it would be doable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"