Cloth Diapering

~~~FFFC~~~

Post your confessions below...

Re: ~~~FFFC~~~

• I bought super cute maternity clothes. And they don't fit now. I have 6 more weeks left and I didn't really plan on buying more!! Grrr

All I'm hoping for is I lose extra weight breast feeding so the clothes don't go to waste with pregnancy num 2! Hehe
  • I need to stuff diapers but I really don't want to today. But I have no idea how many we have left. I have to be at work in a couple hours so I should probably figure it out. DH won't stuff diapers.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageYellowLily2013:
    I bought super cute maternity clothes. And they don't fit now. I have 6 more weeks left and I didn't really plan on buying more!! Grrr All I'm hoping for is I lose extra weight breast feeding so the clothes don't go to waste with pregnancy num 2! Hehe

Yeah I had to go out and buy more clothes during the last month or so of pregnancy.  I just suddenly went up another size and everything was so uncomfortable!

• I have always been an early bird....love waking up early.  My husband? The exact opposite: sleeps late, stays up until 2am. Out loud, I resent him for sleeping so late on days when I'm home (especially now, being on maternity leave. It's impossible to get the laundry out really early with a crying baby on some days.)

My confession is that I secretly LOVE my morning alone time.  Even if the baby is especially fussy for some reason. I love drinking my coffee, listening to NPR and being quiet by myself 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestoneycakes:

imageYellowLily2013:
    I bought super cute maternity clothes. And they don't fit now. I have 6 more weeks left and I didn't really plan on buying more!! Grrr

All I'm hoping for is I lose extra weight breast feeding so the clothes don't go to waste with pregnancy num 2! Hehe

Yeah I had to go out and buy more clothes during the last month or so of pregnancy.  I just suddenly went up another size and everything was so uncomfortable!

That makes me feel better! Hehe

In the past week, I've bought a new dress, skirt, shorts and bra! Can't wait for the dress and skirt to get here!
  • I like buying new! This is a confession to my green ways.

This is would probably be considered a waste of money to most. But DH are replacing all the vent covers, light switches, and outlets to a bright white. And we have the flat light switches vs the normal kind. I love it!

The vent covers were old and painted over. And we have just replaced with new when we paint each room, we didn't want to paint over them again.
  • imageYellowLily2013:
    I like buying new! This is a confession to my green ways. This is would probably be considered a waste of money to most. But DH are replacing all the vent covers, light switches, and outlets to a bright white. And we have the flat light switches vs the normal kind. I love it! The vent covers were old and painted over. And we have just replaced with new when we paint each room, we didn't want to paint over them again.

Can't you remove the vents, paint, then reinstall? 

• imageYellowLily2013:
    I like buying new! This is a confession to my green ways. This is would probably be considered a waste of money to most. But DH are replacing all the vent covers, light switches, and outlets to a bright white. And we have the flat light switches vs the normal kind. I love it! The vent covers were old and painted over. And we have just replaced with new when we paint each room, we didn't want to paint over them again.

We are doing this at our house, too. A lot of ours were brass, and the engineer-minded man who lived here before had used those plastic raised-letter labels to name what all the multiway switches went to. There were perpetual sticky spots on every switch. Blech! I saved the ones that were reusable and took them to the thrift store. 

• imageMandmeesh:

imageYellowLily2013:
    I like buying new! This is a confession to my green ways.

This is would probably be considered a waste of money to most. But DH are replacing all the vent covers, light switches, and outlets to a bright white. And we have the flat light switches vs the normal kind. I love it!

The vent covers were old and painted over. And we have just replaced with new when we paint each room, we didn't want to paint over them again.

They were gross and painted the nasty old wall color and not well either.
  • imageunaveragejane:

imageYellowLily2013:
    I like buying new! This is a confession to my green ways.

We are doing this at our house, too. A lot of ours were brass, and the engineer-minded man who lived here before had used those plastic raised-letter labels to name what all the multiway switches went to. There were perpetual sticky spots on every switch. Blech! I saved the ones that were reusable and took them to the thrift store. 

Yeah we have saved everything. We should take it in to be donated.
  • imageYellowLily2013:
    imageMandmeesh:

imageYellowLily2013:

They were gross and painted the nasty old wall color and not well either.

ahh, gotcha 

• imageunaveragejane:

imageYellowLily2013:

Oh I'll play here. We are at the end of our third house "remodel". We have replaced every light switch and out let to bright white. Granted half of the switches were almond while others were gold, wood or, some other "matching" cover. The white covers and new paint just clean it up so nice. I always feel bad for throwing them away but I'm just not green enough to send them to a restore.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My confession is more of a vent. I got my hair cut last Friday, and I was so excited. I'd let it get past my shoulders, which is kind of long for me, and was always wearing it in a flat, blah ponytail (like Meredith on Gray's), except my hair is curly. I wanted so badly to have beautiful long hair, but I finally decided that I didn't have the time for it. I had the girl cut it in a chin-length bob that looks cute straight or curly (kind of Meg Ryan-esque in You've Got Mail). DH has never offered an opinion on my hair, even when I have begged him in the past, but this time he goes, "It looks okay, but I like it better longer." Seriously?!? Then his family all said about the same thing the next day. So now I hate my hair and I'm already in "growing it out" mode. Wah! Crying

• imageunaveragejane:
    My confession is more of a vent. I got my hair cut last Friday, and I was so excited. I'd let it get past my shoulders, which is kind of long for me, and was always wearing it in a flat, blah ponytail (like Meredith on Gray's), except my hair is curly. I wanted so badly to have beautiful long hair, but I finally decided that I didn't have the time for it. I had the girl cut it in a chin-length bob that looks cute straight or curly (kind of Meg Ryan-esque in You've Got Mail). DH has never offered an opinion on my hair, even when I have begged him in the past, but this time he goes, "It looks okay, but I like it better longer." Seriously?!? Then his family all said about the same thing the next day. So now I hate my hair and I'm already in "growing it out" mode. Wah! Crying

eh, screw 'em! Go buy a pair of big, awesome earrings and feel awesome with your short hair!  

• imagebookitup:
    Confession: I live in Nebraska and am super nervous about tornadoes. Now, with a baby, I'm even more anxious about waking up in the middle of the night and having zero time to get to the basement. So the other day when we were in a tornado watch all day until 2 am, I wanted to sleep in the basement with LO. DH dragged the pack and play downstairs and we got it all set up. But it was freezing down there...and 30 minutes after we were down there the warning was over. Seriously. All day worrying about a tornado and then as soon as we're prepared it's safe. So I made DH drag the pack and play back upstairs so we could sleep in our king size bed instead of a full size in the freezing basement. He was not amused.

I hear you about being worried about tornadoes!  If your ticker is accurate, I would look into getting a rock-n-play or an additional pack-n-play to keep in the basement. You can get a decent used PNP for fairly cheap, and it's always nice to have an extra downstairs for when you need to contain them for a second after they get mobile (i.e. Mommy needs a potty break).

• imageunaveragejane:
    My confession is more of a vent. I got my hair cut last Friday, and I was so excited. I'd let it get past my shoulders, which is kind of long for me, and was always wearing it in a flat, blah ponytail like Meredith on Gray's, except my hair is curly. I wanted so badly to have beautiful long hair, but I finally decided that I didn't have the time for it. I had the girl cut it in a chinlength bob that looks cute straight or curly kind of Meg Ryanesque in You've Got Mail. DH has never offered an opinion on my hair, even when I have begged him in the past, but this time he goes, "It looks okay, but I like it better longer." Seriously?!? Then his family all said about the same thing the next day. So now I hate my hair and I'm already in "growing it out" mode. Wah! [:']

Just enjoy it while you can!!

My confession I want to cut my own hair. But don't want to be judge for doing it. I just hate going to get it cut, I have easy hair and never feel like they cut it well enough to deserve what they think it costs to cut hair! It's expensive and I'm cheap.

DH cut my hair once but doesn't want to do it. We also learned his knuckles are too big so he can't hold hair between his fingers it just slides out. It's kind of amusing.
  • I need a break from parenting. I'm seriously burned out and all day A had followed me around literally just doing this bloodcurdling at the top of her lungs for no reason. I've lost absolutely all patience with her.

Right now I feel like one of those mothers that leaves her kids in the car while she goes into a bar.

Ugh, I just can't even deal right now. 

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    imageInto+the+Kitty:

I need a break from parenting. I'm seriously burned out and all day A had followed me around literally just doing this bloodcurdling at the top of her lungs for no reason. I've lost absolutely all patience with her.

Right now I feel like one of those mothers that leaves her kids in the car while she goes into a bar.

Big hugs.  Can J watch her for a little bit tonight while you do something for you?  Even if it's just a long bath or hiding out in the bathroom and painting your toenails.

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • sarenu1sarenu1 member
    I have patches of dry skin on my lower back. Every pair of underwear I've tried irritates it. And lotion only seems to help for a few minutes. I'm seriously thinking of going commando if I don't find a solution soon. But even the seams and pockets on my pants irritate it....
  • imageTJ1979:
    imageInto+the+Kitty:

I need a break from parenting. I'm seriously burned out and all day A had followed me around literally just doing this bloodcurdling at the top of her lungs for no reason. I've lost absolutely all patience with her.

Big hugs.  Can J watch her for a little bit tonight while you do something for you?  Even if it's just a long bath or hiding out in the bathroom and painting your toenails.

Thats hopefully the plan. Just counting the hours now. Although, like magic, she's kind of calmed down after I posted this.... 
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • imagesarenu1:
    I have patches of dry skin on my lower back. Every pair of underwear I've tried irritates it. And lotion only seems to help for a few minutes. I'm seriously thinking of going commando if I don't find a solution soon. But even the seams and pockets on my pants irritate it....
    Sounds like my eczema. Use a sugar scrub on it, then put the lotion on.  
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • sarenu1sarenu1 member
    imageInto+the+Kitty:

imagesarenu1:

I will try this tonight. How often do you do this?
  • imagesarenu1:
    imageInto+the+Kitty:

imagesarenu1:

I will try this tonight. How often do you do this?
    I rarely do it at all anymore but I used to do it every day. It was probably too much because its an exfoliater. I'd probably do it now like, every other day?

I prefer unscented lotion after, because sometimes the fragrance I felt like caused more irritation sometimes. Although maybe it was because I was exfoliating every day lol. 

This is kind of inspiring me to go make one and use it for the summer. 

imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • imageInto+the+Kitty:

I had one of these days earlier this week. I feel your pain! Make some special mommy juice Drinks and just soak up the quiet as soon as she goes to bed tonight! 

• imageInto+the+Kitty:
    imageTJ1979:
    imageInto+the+Kitty:

Thats hopefully the plan. Just counting the hours now. Although, like magic, she's kind of calmed down after I posted this.... 

did you lock her out on the balcony a la Lucille Bluth? :) 

• imagekklamb10:
    imagebookitup:
    Confession: I live in Nebraska and am super nervous about tornadoes. Now, with a baby, I'm even more anxious about waking up in the middle of the night and having zero time to get to the basement. So the other day when we were in a tornado watch all day until 2 am, I wanted to sleep in the basement with LO. DH dragged the pack and play downstairs and we got it all set up. But it was freezing down there...and 30 minutes after we were down there the warning was over. Seriously. All day worrying about a tornado and then as soon as we're prepared it's safe. So I made DH drag the pack and play back upstairs so we could sleep in our king size bed instead of a full size in the freezing basement. He was not amused.

I don't know if this is really a confession or not but I also live in Nebraska and the other night I slept right through the tornado siren! The last time we did hear it we looked outside and decided it didn't look bad out so we went back to sleep. I think it was just an excuse so we didn't need to set up the air matress in the basement.

I've always been afraid of tornadoes, but it's a million times worse now that u have a baby! We're in Omaha, and the tornado warning the other night was only parts of the city, so when I woke up to a bunch of FB posts about the tornado sirens, I freaked out about sleeping through them, but they just didnt go off where we live.

I then downloaded three additional tornado warning apps on my phone because my one wasn't enough. It sounds ridiculous even to me, haha.

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageMandmeesh:
    imageInto+the+Kitty:
    imageTJ1979:
    imageInto+the+Kitty:

did you lock her out on the balcony a la Lucille Bluth? :) 

No. I baited it and everything, but she didn't fall for it. Wink
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"