January 2013 Moms

Stupid thing that bugs me about daycare

So LO is in a really nice daycare, I love the teachers, etc.  But here's my stupid gripe. When I send extra clothes, I'll usually send matching outfits (pink flowered onesie with pink pants; brown polka dot dress with brown striped leggings).  Inevitably, when LO has a blowout and they have to change her clothes, they change her into a completely horrible non-matching outfit (pink flowered onesie with brown striped leggings).  It's like they purposely choose the non-matching outfit. 

Of course, they day they took and posted photos, LO ran out of extra clothes, so they put her in a spare 9 month-old boy's tank top from lost and found or something.  It's red, with a huge American flag and it says "Old Navy."  In ALL her school photos, including the one they gave me for Mother's Day.  She looks like a tiny little redneck in it :).  Why I bother trying to make her look cute in the morning, I'll never know.  She's 4 months.  Who cares?  Me, apparently.

Anyone else have any stupid complaints? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stupid thing that bugs me about daycare

• you should put her outfits separated in plastic bags so they won't have to choose what she wears, it will be all sorted out for them. im a SAHM until late fall so i have no complaints yet
  • holly52holly52 member
    imageKyleedawn08:
    you should put her outfits separated in plastic bags so they won't have to choose what she wears, it will be all sorted out for them. im a SAHM until late fall so i have no complaints yet

This sounds like a great idea! DD will start daycare in July but that would bother me too. Just like DH using the pink bottle tops on the white bottles. Lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ==N====N== member
    I used to hate at ds's old dc they would always say he had no extra clothes in his cubby even though Id send like 5 outfits already that year. Everytime he'd need to change they couldnt find his clothes so theyd put him in someone elses. I think they were giving other kids in that situation his clothes hence him not having clothes etc etc. The worst was when I would actually see other kids wearing his clothes another day!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 82Sonia82Sonia member
    imageReeceFamily:

Of course, they day they took and posted photos, LO ran out of extra clothes, so they put her in a spare 9 month-old boy's tank top from lost and found or something.  It's red, with a huge American flag and it says "Old Navy."  In ALL her school photos, including the one they gave me for Mother's Day.  She looks like a tiny little redneck in it :).   

This made me LOL.  Are her teachers men? You'd think women would know how to match baby clothes.   

• ecu0505ecu0505 member
    My DC does the same thing. I am really confused sometime by what they come up with. My DC grip happened yesterday LO went 6hrs between bottles. She woke from a nap at 10:55a and the put her back down at 11:45a with out giving her a bottle. She slept until 2:10 so she obviously wasn't starving but 6hrs is a really long time for a 4.5month old. I spoke with the director but I'm nervous still. We are on a wait list for a center but can't get in until Dec. They love her to pieces where she is now but those slip ups really bother me! I guess I am slightly controlling if there was any way for me to be a SAHM I would jump at it!
  • LO does great at his daycare. It's an in home provider and he's the only infant so he gets all the attention. What I didn't like was when the lady told my mom she was going to talk to me about putting cereal in LOs bottles because he ate a lot one day. When my mom told her I didn't want to even give him cereal she gave my mom a lecture about how she was raised with cereal and so was her daughter. I don't care. I'm paying you to watch my kid not tell me what to do with him.
  • SPK926SPK926 member
    The extra outfits I send with DD are sleepers. I figure they can't mess up a cute one piece sleeper!

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My LOs daycare center always keeps things so quiet at nap time, I keep making the suggestion of having lullaby music playing, but they just say they might try that, but never do. My LO cant sleep in a quiet room where all of a sudden a baby cries or someone makes a noice. She always wakes up. I figure if she had some music playing then those little sounds wouldnt be so distracting and she just might sleep longer than one 20 min nap.

• imageholly52:
    imageKyleedawn08:
    you should put her outfits separated in plastic bags so they won't have to choose what she wears, it will be all sorted out for them. im a SAHM until late fall so i have no complaints yet
    This sounds like a great idea! DD will start daycare in July but that would bother me too. Just like DH using the pink bottle tops on the white bottles. Lol.

HATE when DH uses the green bottle tops on the pink bottles.  He's colorblind, though.. so he has a legit excuse.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • SAHM, but when my mom or MIL watch her I hate it when...

They don't follow the routine.  We've established that bath-time is just before bedtime.  I don't care that she pooped at noon-her bath time is 8pm.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • holly52holly52 member
    imagegraciesmurf:

imageholly52:
    imageKyleedawn08:

HATE when DH uses the green bottle tops on the pink bottles.  He's colorblind, though.. so he has a legit excuse.

haha!! DH does it on purpose just because he know it bugs me.  It's such a stupid thing but it bothers me. LOL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image==N==:
    I used to hate at ds's old dc they would always say he had no extra clothes in his cubby even though Id send like 5 outfits already that year. Everytime he'd need to change they couldnt find his clothes so theyd put him in someone elses. I think they were giving other kids in that situation his clothes hence him not having clothes etc etc. The worst was when I would actually see other kids wearing his clothes another day!

I would lose it if I saw other kids in my kids clothes. Are they labeled? If so you should be complaining. If not get a sharpie so you can prove the people are incompetent.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This isn't a stupid gripe, I'd be really upset! 6 hours!!
  • Mine does this too. I don't get it.
  • just try to make sure everything you send matches.  LOL that picture sounds hilarious though.

My only complaint is that I think they let her stay up too long.  and sometimes they'll put she took a 2 hour nap, but I really think they start counting the minute they put her down, not when she actually fell asleep.  But she's a crap napper so it doesn't really make a difference.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
  • that would bother me too tbh....i bought a pack of onsies and pants...gerber brand i think...where it's any of the onesies goes with either pair of pants...carter's sells like that too...that way there's really no mismatch since they all "go" with each other....

• The one thing that bothered me at our in-home was the first week he was there (8 weeks old) she fed him 8 oz. in one sitting. I was raging. Another time, she went thru 20 oz. of breast milk in 4 hrs. because she didn't know his bottle was leaking - I don't have an oversupply so again, raging. I wish she would have called so I could have brought a spare bottle.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePrivacyWanted:
    It could be worse. I picked DD up in outfit today I didn't recognize. But thought maybe DH found it somewhere. Upon further inspection I realized the shirt is a 5t and the shorts were a brand I don't buy. Neither had her label getting ready for bath I found she had Rapunzel undies...too bad I've never bought her any. Not sure what happened since she had 2 full outfits in her backpack. But we'll definitely be discussing it tomorrow And I love their center but why TF is she wearing some other kid's undies?

OMG.  I would NOT be cool with the lost-and-found undies!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"