September 2012 Moms

S/o preschool

This may be dumb, but I really have no idea how preschool works. Is preschool one with age requirements?  The reason why I haven't looking into it too much yet is because I was worried E wouldn't be old enough. He will be 4 in the middle of October, and I worry he still won't be old enough. 
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 

Re: S/o preschool

• KarBearKarBear member
    There're all different. Cat goes to a school that has a 2 to 3yo, 3 to 4yo, 4 to 5yo classrooms. They offer part time full time for working parents.

Some others here are only 2 or 3 half days/week and others are coops starting at 4yo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As pp said, they are all different. J's preschool also has a 2-3 year old class, 3-4 and 4-5.  J went two days a week in the 3 year old class, 3 days a week in the 4 year old class and next year she will go 4 days a week in the 5 year old class. Her classes are only like 2 1/2 hours. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    Here, the private preschools (meaning all they do is preschool) start at 3. Our daycare calls the 2 year old class Preschool 1 and then it goes up from there.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• HyalineHyaline member

I think a lot of it is semantics in terms of what has which age requirements.  There is nothing called "Pre-K" around here; it's all called preschool, but different programs have different age requirements.  The one we will probably use actually starts at 15 months for a sort of "parents day out" program, and they build up from there.  I think it becomes more proper preschool and less structured playgroup/one day a week daycare at about 3 years old.

I would just start talking to other moms in your area, or calling programs and asking.  It varies so much--you'll get a lot out of learning about what's available locally. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"