1st Trimester

Please help figure out how far along I am!

I have a 36 day cycle that started 4/1/13. Received a + pregnancy test 5/6/13 (12DPO) and ovulated 4/25/13.

I had my first (supposedly 8 week) U/S yesterday and after a minor freak out, I think the obgyn is wrong about a possible miscarriage.  They said there is no heartbeat and the yolk sac is underdeveloped and were about to prescribe me meds to miscarry. After explaining my cycle to the midwife (and showing her my RE paperwork she should have seen), they want me to come in next week for a repeat, I feel I should wait longer.

How far along do you think I am?

Here's my chart:

<a href="https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/dean1984/">My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: Please help figure out how far along I am!

• 5 weeks?
  • Maybe 5 weeks. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Have you tried using a due date calculator that uses date of conception instead of first day of last period? Google due date calculator. I can't remember which website let's you do that.
    Baby #1 DS born August 2012
    Baby #2 DD Born January 2014
    Baby #3 ?? Due June 5 2015

• imageLoolaide:

Based on your ovulation date, you're 7 weeks 2 days, due 1/16/14, about a week and a half behind what you would be based on LMP.  That could be off a few days due to early or late implantation.

Definitely get the other u/s in a week.  They'll just be looking for development, not for your baby to be a certain size.  Did they say what your baby measured at your last u/s?  Next week, you should be about 8 weeks, so if that's when they wanted your first u/s, it should be fine to go in then.

This.  There's no way you could be 5w and have gotten a positive test on May 6, unless you were doing a medicated cycle and were testing until the HCG was out of your system from the meds.   

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • I wasn't on a medicated cycle.

So at 7 weeks you should be able to hear a heartbeat, right?

If I go in next week and there's no growth, that means a miscarriage but, how much growth should there be in a weeks time for it to be a viable pregnancy?

I'm thinking of switching doctors as they weren't able to provide any of this information yesterday, they just kept saying "we'll wait and see next week"... very frustrating

• At 7w you cannot hear a HB and I would doubt that any dr would even try a doppler.   However, you should be able to see it on the u/s.   After my m/c I went in for early u/s for DS and this bebe and we were able to see the HB a smidge past 7w.

Def wait to go in next week.  Good luck!  T&P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLoolaide:

Based on your ovulation date, you're 7 weeks 2 days, due 1/16/14,

How can I be 7 weeks if I ovulated exactly 5 weeks ago?

• imagelrachelle80:
    imagecasandkls:
    imageLoolaide:

Based on your ovulation date, you're 7 weeks 2 days, due 1/16/14,

How can I be 7 weeks if I ovulated exactly 5 weeks ago?

Sigh. You were tracking your chart, but don't understand basic pregnancy dating? Sorry, that's snarky, I admit it. It just always surprises me.

Your pregnancy technically begins the first day of your last menstrual period, so it's typically your O date plus two weeks (if you ovulated on day 14). You get two "free" weeks when you aren't actually pregnant.  So the FETUS is 5 weeks old/has existed for 5 weeks, but you're 7 weeks pregnant.  

Snarky but, helpful thank you. I feel like I've read this but, needed to make sure, blond moment :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"